Join La Signora Lia and our olive oil artisans in the heart of Sicily for our 3-day Sicilian Olives Program. Enjoy the best of both worlds, from beautiful white sandy beaches and a crystalline sea to the flickering blue-grey tones of a Sicilian Olive Grove. Explore one of Sicily’s richest heritage areas with its archeological ruins, temples and unspoiled nature, and look forward to welcoming you to her oil groves between Marsala and Palermo, for a Farm Tour & Tasting~Sicilian Olive Oil Making. Known for her award-winning olive oil, she will take you through the olive orchard, explain the steps of growing, picking and pressing, and then end with a delicious tasting.
La Signora Lia has skillfully developed the art of producing high quality Sicilian olive oil and shares this old world practice with each guest. As she takes you on a visit of the family olive mill, you will also learn what makes olive oil first cold pressed and virgin and how to buy it, what to look for in taste, acidity, color and texture. You will learn the difference between the quality of extra-virgin olive oil produced by small family mills opposed to the industrial oils. Sicily’s extra virgin first-cold pressed olive oil is a staple in the healthy Mediterranean diet and is used daily in Italian cooking.
After your tour of the olive groves and the mill, relax on the terrace and enjoy a sampling of light traditional foods such as timballo di pasta, frittata, eggplant parmigiana, peppers with capers and mint, Sicilian salad with mint and sweet homemade wine prepared by our Chef. She will show you how fresh local olive oil pairs up to perfection with the local Sicilian cuisine.
Join our family at the villa estate and olive grove, where you will walk under olive groves and beautiful farmland, all while learning about the making and uses of Sicilian extra virgin, first-cold-pressed olive oil with light food and olive oil tasting included.
Sicily has a fiery passion about it, a vivacity and spirit that extends from the top of Mount Etna, to the waters that surround the island, to the hearts of its people. Sicily is the melting pot of the world, a great marriage of civilizations and cultures, since it was first inhabited. The island is Asia, Africa, and Europe melded into one spectacular place; it was once home to a Greek colony, a Roman province, an Arab emirate, and a Norman kingdom. Each group left behind traces that weave into a rich tapestry of timeless beauty and eclectic history. Sicily is all at once complex and simple, a land like no other; a world and entity unto itself. Orange and lemon orchards color lush forests, vineyards and ancient olive groves line the rugged lands, and almond orchards and wheat fields embellish the rolling hills.
The Sicilian cuisine is often described as ‘del sole e mare,’ ‘of sun and sea,’ and it’s something of a magical symphony, combining elements of Arab and Greek spices with Spanish and French influences, making it the world’s tastiest seafood. The people of Sicily are genuine, passionate and friendly. They are always willing to help or stop to have a conversation, and it is not uncommon for visitors and tourists to receive invitations to a local’s house for dinner. All who encounter Sicily and all her charm, diversity, and beauty are always reluctant to leave.
Your accommodations are located in western Sicily, not far from Marsala, famous for its namesake wine, and Palermo, one of Sicily’s major cities. For those interested in Sicily’s archeological wealth, the Villa is also close to the archeological sites of Selinute, Mozia, Segesta and Agrigento. The Villa provides a quiet and convenient setting for day trips to visit your surroundings.
The property is situated right on the beach, making this an ideal program for children too! Rooms are bright and comfortable and offer every modern comfort: private bathroom, air conditioning, mini-bar, Sky TV and safe. The hotel is also home to one of the area’s best restaurants, as well as a wine beach bar, an olive garden, a bar with terrace facing the sea and there are beach chairs & umbrellas and an outdoor shower. When it’s time to come in from the sun, relax with an aperitivo then head to the restaurant with its beautiful sea views to enjoy your evening meal. The chef will delight your palate with a variety of local specialties including pasta with delicious local seafood, grilled fish and many other dishes that make the best of Sicily’s unique produce and olive oil.
Itinerary~ 3 days, 2 nights
This program is available 12 months per year. You can check in and start your program on any day of the week.
Day 1: Arrival & Check-In
- Arrival and check in at the Villa.
- Relax and explore your new surroundings, maybe even take a dip and soak up a little sun.
- Welcome Dinner at the hotel, wines and beverages not included and available at a surcharge.
Day 2: Olive Oil Tour & Cooking Class
- Breakfast is served.
- Step into the olive grove for an authentic tour that includes a visit to the farm, olive orchard and mill. Step-by-step, you will see how the olives are grown, how they are picked, pressed, then bottled. Sample a selection of extra virgin first-cold-pressed olive oil while learning about acidity, scents and flavors from the different varieties..
- After your tour of the olive groves and the mill, relax on the terrace and enjoy a sampling of traditional foods such as timballo di pasta, frittata, eggplant parmigiana, peppers with capers and mint, Sicilian salad with mint and sweet homemade wine prepared by our Chef. She will show you how fresh local olive oil pairs up to perfection with the local Sicilian cuisine.
- Afternoon free. Suggestion: visit the ancient Temples in Agrigento
- Dinner at the hotel, wines and beverages not included and available at a surcharge.
Day 3: Departure & Arrivederci!
- Breakfast is served.
- Morning checkout and departure.
- Arrivederci Sicily!
- 3 days, 2 nights accommodations, based on double occupancy. Click to View!
- Daily breakfast.
- Two dinners at the hotel, wine and beverages not included and available at a surcharge.
- Farm tour, olive oil tasting included.
- Light lunch at olive mill, local wine included.
$595 per person, based on double occupancy. All taxes & Italian VAT included.
Price does not include: transfers on arrival and departure or during the tour, gratuities, entrance fees at monuments, personal extras and anything not specified above.