Join Chefs Tina & Gio in Naples for authentic hands-on cooking! Market Tour with tastings in Bella Napoli!
Join Chefs Tina & Gio for hands-on cooking classes in the heart of Bella Napoli, Naples! They welcome guests into the kitchen for a fun-filled mornings rolling out pasta, sautéing seasonal sauces and baking up a storm for a full course Neapolitan lunch. Cooking Classes with Chefs Tina & Gio are a unique experience that will immerse you and show you how the locals cook!
Your accommodation is a charming property in the heart of Naples, just steps from Piazza del Plebiscito, the most famous piazza in the city, the Teatro San Carlo, the world-famous opera house, and Gambrinus, the landmark café on Piazza Trieste E Trento. Close by are the Gulf of Naples and the Castel dell’Ovo Castle, the elegant and safe quarter of Bella Napoli!
Just two hours south of Rome, Naples sits magnificently on the northeastern coast of the Baia di Napoli, the Bay of Naples, which is one of the most beautiful and important bays in all of Italy and the most important harbor in Southern Italy, and a UNESCO world heritage site. Full of culture, landmarks, ancient history and artful treasures, Naples offers something for everyone.
The ancient city’s narrow and winding streets lend great character and life. In matters of food, Naples is the homeland of pizza, the Pizza Margherita named after the Queen and prepared in red (tomato), white (mozzarella) and green (basil), representing the Italian flag. Seafood reigns boasting Neapolitan classics like stuffed alici, fried calamari, pasta and seafood and grilled fish galore! Neapolitan cuisine is the epitome of the Mediterranean diet and Chefs Tina & Gio show you how with hands-on cooking classes in their kitchen in the heart of Naples. And with your Naples guide,explore Naples’ fascinating streets and alleyways while stopping for traditional treats along the way.
Naples Cooking Classes
Our Naples chefs are enthusiastic and passionate and will transmit their love of cooking from antipasto, pasta, main courses and dessert. Taught by their Nonnas and Mammas, they will have you too cooking like a Neapolitan. Tie on your aprons and roll up your sleeves for colorful cuisine in Bella Napoli!
Your hands-on cooking classes include the preparation of an appetizer, first course (such as pasta, gnocchi or risotto), second course (meat, fish or vegetarian) and dessert. Work alongside the chefs and prepare simple and fabulous focaccia with cherry tomatoes grown on the slopes of Vesuvius, or a velvet pumpkin soup with Gorgonzola croutons– and that is just for starters! Prepare parmigiana di melanzane, eggplant parmesan, fresh pasta with olives, capers, oregano and breadcrumb, or a delicious gattò di patate, Neapolitan potato terrine. For your main course, learn the Chefs’ secret for zucchini meatballs on Parmigiano fondue or melanzane a barchette, hearty stuffed eggplants from a recipe that was their nonna’s, grandmother’s. End on a sweet note with a traditional babà Napoletano, rum-soaked cake, or a torta caprese, chocolate cake.
Tina and Gio’s cooking takes you to the heart of Neapolitan cuisine – where sun, sea and the volcanic soil from Vesuvius play a vital part in fresh and tasty produce; and where ingredients effortlessly combine from land and sea. They learned from their Nonna and Mamma and now share these family recipes with you. After the cooking class, lunch or dinners follows and everyone enjoys the foods that were prepared in class with a glass of local wine and water included.
Cooking classes are held in the morning and are limited to small groups. Fresh seasonal ingredients, attention to food allergies (vegetarian and gluten menus available upon request) and Tina and Gio’s hand in the kitchen make this cooking class one that you will remember! All recipes can be recreated at in your home kitchen.
Lying in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius is the vibrant, animated city of Naples. Herbert Kubly once said, “Built like a great amphitheater around her beautiful bay, Naples is an eternally unfolding play acted by a million of the best actors in the world. The comedy is broad and the tragedy violent. The curtain never rings down.” The story may be old but the passion of Naples is alive and kicking!
Naples is a convenient destination and close by for day trips to Pompeii, Herculaneum and the town of Sorrento. Explore the famous area of Pozzuoli, Baia, and Cumae, while ferries and hydrofoils connect to the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida for day tripping.
Spaccanapoli embodies the spirit of Neapolitan life like nothing else. Teeming with people, this narrow-straight road cuts through Naples from East to West along the main artery settlements of the ancient Greeks and Romans. The Spaccanapoli branches off into a string of narrow, winding roads each bearing names of significance and their own special air and charm. Explore the ancient city and the many museums and churches it has to offer, then step into any one of the famous Neapolitan caffes and trattorias for a slice of traditional cuisine.
Naples is a city of juxtapositions. A marriage of old and new, high tech urban feels in some parts and ancient old world in others. The people are boisterous and lively, and live in the moment, and life in Naples is enacted fully to every extreme. When traveling to Naples, be sure to pack a good sense of humor.
Your host hotel, a 4-star luxury Hotel in the center of Naples offers a safe retreat with a quiet atmosphere in an intimate space with refined bedroom accommodations. Your property, set in the heart of Naples, is a few steps far from the main landmarks and dining spots.
Each bedroom accommodation offers subtle Mediterranean colors and modern design with private bathroom (equipped with hydromassage showers) for your comfort. Hairdryers, air conditioning, minibar, safe, TV, and complimentary WI-FI internet are a few of the amenities. A full Continental breakfast is served each morning.
Itinerary: 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival & Chef’s Tasting Dinner
- Pick-up and transfer from Naples airport or train station to the property.
- Arrival and check in and relax.
- Welcome drink in your room.
- Chef’s tasting dinner including traditional Neapolitan cuisine. Toast of wine and water included. Additional wine & beverages at a surcharge.
Day 2: Market Tour ~ Shopping With The Chef & Cooking Class
- Breakfast is served.
- Pick up for your market tour and shopping with Chefs Tina & Gio. Explore the mercato della torretta with your Chef sand learn how to shop like a chef. At the market place, vendors of fresh fish, fresh fruits and vegetables shout out the specials of the day while the bread artisan reloads his cart and cheese artisans dole out samples.
- After the market tour, we head to the kitchen for our hands-on cooking class including the preparation of an antipasto, pasta, main course and dessert. Menus are based on the season respecting food allergies and diet needs (gluten free and vegetarian menus are available upon request). Everyone enjoys the foods that were prepared in class together. A toast of wine is included. Additional wine & beverages at a surcharge.
- Afternoon & evening free.
- Dinner on your own.
Day 3: Landmark & Food lover’s Tour Naples & Lunch at a Famous Pizzeria
- Breakfast is served.
- Your guide meets you at the hotel for your 3-hour landmark & food lover’s walking tour. Tour the historic center including: the Chiesa del Gesù Nuovo, the Duomo, Il Chiostro & Chiesa di Santa Chiara and San Gregorio Armeno. San Gregorio Armeno also known as the Via dei Presepi, street of the nativities. This ancient quarter is filled with botteghe and bancarelle, with the most intricate, beautiful dolls and nativity scenes. As you stroll, stop and sample a creamy cappuccino, a fragrant sfogliatella, and other delicious Neapolitan specialties along the way. Tastings included.
- Following the walking tour, enjoy a pizza lunch at one of Naples’ famous traditional pizzerias, beverage included. After lunch, enjoy a caffè at one of the many famous cafés along the route.
- Afternoon & evening free. Dinner on your own.
Day 4: Departure
- Breakfast is served.
- Departure transfer to airport or train station. Arrivederci Napoli!
- 4 days, 3 nights accommodations in a 4 star accommodation in the historic center of Naples, based on double occupancy. Click to view!
- Daily breakfast.
- Welcome drink in your room.
- Chef’s tasting dinner on your first evening. Toast of wine included. Additional wine & beverages at a surcharge.
- Market visit and shopping with the Chef – informal discussion along the way.
- 1 hands-on Cooking Class followed by lunch or dinner including the foods that were prepared in the cooking class. A glass of local wine included, additional wine & beverages at a surcharge. Transfers to and from cooking class included.
- Half-day landmark & food lover’s walking tour in the historical center of Naples with your private guide.
- Lunch in Pizzeria, pizza and beverage included.
- Round trip transfers from Naples Airport or Naples Train station to property.
- Welcome bag with Chef’s apron.
$1,395 per person, based on double occupancy. All taxes & Italian VAT included.
Single Cookers: If you are a single guest and would like to join us, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out.
2020 Dates: This program is available throughout the year. You can check in and start your cooking program any day of the week, as this program is offered 12 months per year. Rates are subject to change based on currency exchange. Call for updated rates. Airfare not included. Group transfers for any cooking tour or tours that include transfers, are for the group and are not private. Transfers before, after or to another destination outside of your cooking tour are not included in the program price. If you would like to add on a private transfer or transfers, let us know and we will send you pricing.
Additional Excursions and Cooking Classes can be added on to your program at an extra cost. We are always at your service to answer questions, and add-on extra cooking classes and tours.
Excursion To Pompeii & Mount Vesuvius.
Spend the day exploring the ruins of Pompeii & Mount Vesuvius. Visit the ancient Roman civilization that was covered by the volcano in 79AD. Explore the labyrinth of paths that lead you through the ruins of the buried city. Take time out for a panino in the café near the forum. Then head up to Mount Vesuvius to walk the pathway that leads to the top of the crater. Our professional guide is available for the tour or choose the excursion with driver only.
6 Hour Tour with Private Driver: 300E for a group of 1-3 people.
Pompeii Guide: 160E for 2-hour tour, for group of 1-6 people.