Slow Food – Fast Cars is an exclusive cooking and self-drive touring program that incorporates one-of-a kind hands-on cooking classes, while driving from Rome to Siena in your own Ferrari. Private Michelin Star Restaurant dinners top this unique Italian cooking tour.
Your four-day program includes one cooking class. Cooking classes focus on Tuscan cuisine with regional ingredients such as Extra Virgin olive oil, Porcini mushrooms, Pienza cheese, Brunello wine and Chianina beef.
Chef Salvatore leads the kitchen and lets you in on the secrets of good Tuscan cuisine- natural ingredients and attention to detail create tasty gourmet as well as healthy recipes. Menus include Classic Tuscan, Bread-Making & Desserts, Cooking The Mediterranean Diet, Fresh Pasta & Sauces as well as a variety of traditional menus that vary by season.
Whether you are preparing fresh pasta by hand, or simmering second-courses of Chianina beef in Chianti wine, the traditional cuisine of this corner of Tuscany offers infinite temptations. Natural, local ingredients vary by season and menus can be tailored for special diet needs and food allergies.
Our portfolio of Ferrari and sports cars includes the latest models of Ferrari and Aston Martins such as:
- Ferrari 488 Pista (available upon request and with surcharge)
- Ferrari Portofino
- Ferrari California T
- Ferrari 488 Spider
- Dallara Stradale
- Aston Martin DB11
- Porche 911 GT3 RS
- Tesla Model S P100D
Nothing but the very best will do for Ferrari drivers, so we have handpicked the most luxurious and comfortable accommodations for the duration of your stay. In Rome you will enjoy 5-star luxury at the splendid Hotel De Russie, at Piazza del Popolo in the heart of the Eternal City. Hotel De Russie is a luxury five-star hotel located in the heart of Rome between the Spanish Steps and Piazza del Popolo on Via del Babuino. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Rome’s historical attractions, fashion houses and Via Condotti.
In Tuscany, check in to the 5-Star Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort in San Casciano dei Bagni, Siena. The Medicean residence has been restored to its former beauty as a luxury hotel with terraced gardens overlooking fields and verdant hills. The Renaissance aura and present-day comfort of the hotel offer the perfect setting of luxury and relaxation. This resort steals your heart away. Take advantage of the Fonteverde’s Spa built using the mineral-rich, natural warm spring waters that emerge in the area. Facilities include a thermal pool, Bioaquam® circuit (with its various hydromassages) and a variety of spa treatments offered by this spa resort set in the midst of the rolling hills of the Val d’Orcia (southern Tuscany).
Along the Roman Coast, stay at the magnificent Hotel La Posta Vecchia, built on the site of the Roman Alsium, this villa overlooking the sea and delicately decorated became the home of Prince Orsini’s family from 1640 onwards before being restored by the oil magnate Jean Paul Getty in the 20th century. Not to be missed is a dinner at the refined and elegant Cesar Restaurant inside the hotel.
Itinerary: 4 Days, 3 Nights
Check in and start your program on any day of the week, subject to availability.
Day 1: Welcome To Rome – The Eternal City
- Join Marco and your hosts upon your arrival in Roma, where you will be met at Fiumicino International Airport and be transferred by Mercedes S Class to your Hotel.
- Here you can take a rest before setting out on an initial tour of the wonders of the Eternal City. You may have the opportunity to explore some of its most beautiful sights, like the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, or the Vatican. Visit the Ferrari store as well and capture the right mood for tomorrow’s encounter with the Prancing Horse!
- Dinner on your own in Rome – Suggestions: La Pergola (3 Michelin stars); Il Convivio-Troiani (1 Michelin star), L’Altro Mastai, Agata e Romeo, Il Pagliaccio (2 Michelin stars).
- Overnight at Hotel De Russie 5***** (Rome).
Day 2: Ferrari Self Drive Following The Mille Miglia Route & Cooking Class 1
Route: Civitavecchia – Viterbo, Bolsena, Pienza, and San Casciano dei Bagni
- Breakfast is served.
- Check out & transfer by limousine from your hotel to Civitavecchia’s Riva di Traiano tourist harbor on the Roman coast.
- Welcome aperitif in the exclusive Sporting Yacht Club followed by a dedicated Ferrari briefing, with your Ferrari scenically displayed in front of the yachts.
- Your private Tour Director, an expert Ferrari driver, will introduce you to the world of Ferrari; clarify the finer details of the controls, explain the differences between the various models (Ferrari 488 Spider, Ferrari Portofino), the peculiarities of the engines (new 8-cylinder turbo) and most importantly, give guidance on how to handle the F1 paddle-gear shifting behind the steering wheel. All luggage will be transported separately.
Departure by Ferrari for Bolsena
- After a short Ferrari practice-drive a pleasant drive along the panoramic and enchanting roads of the mythical Mille Miglia, passing Tarquinia, Viterbo, Bolsena, Acquapendente, Radicofani, etc. Your Tour Director will lead the way at the wheel of his powerful Alfa Romeo, enabling you to discover the picturesque and breathtaking panorama offered by the valley landscape, your enjoyment enriched by the experience of pure driving pleasure on an amazing succession of rolling hills and never-ending curves!
- During the whole journey, the Ferraris and the Tour Director’s Alfa Romeo will be constantly in touch by mobile radio system.
- Lunch in Bolsena at La Pineta overlooking the beautiful Bolsena Lake. Beverages not included.
Departure by Ferrari for Montalcino
- Stop in Pienza, for a visit to Pope Pius’ II birthplace. The ideal Renaissance town, Pienza comprises such beauties as a white stone cathedral, Palazzo Piccolomini with its fine courtyard, Palazzo Borgia, a graceful Piazza and more.
- After the visit of Pienza departure for Castello di Velona.
- Arrival at Castello di Velona Resort and check-in.
- Cooking Class 1, your chef will teach you their culinary secrets to create wonderful dishes, from the starters to the desserts. Dinner follows on the foods prepared in class. Wine and beverages not included.
- Dinner in Castelnuovo dell’Abate. Restaurant suggestions – Settimo Senso, for an elegant emotional dinner, or Brunello, for a Tuscan-like retreat.
- Overnight at Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery 5***** (Montalcino, Siena).
Guests can drive the Ferraris for up to 250 km during the day.
Day 3: Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio By Ferrari
- Breakfast is served & check out.
Route: Castenuovo dell’Abate, Orvieto and Ladispoli
- Departure by Ferrari for Orvieto. At the wheel of his Alfa Romeo, your Red Travel Tour Director guides you through a vivid itinerary of towns and villages, that make up the very soul of Tuscany and Umbria.
- Arrival in Orvieto, an unspoiled Medieval city, world-renowned to be a perfect example of integration between nature and man’s work. Orvieto is an ancient Etruscan city that reached its pinnacle as a commercial center in the VI century BC. Subsequently, it was invaded and destroyed by the Romans in 264 BC. Re-established in the Middle Ages under the name of Urbs Vetus; today the town still has the appearance of a stronghold in tufa and basalt, chiseled with a network of narrow roads, and a labyrinth of underground passages and tunnels.
- Time on your own to visit the town and the famous well of St. Patrick.
- Lunch in Orvieto. Restaurant suggestion – Il Giglio d’Oro.
Itinerary Option – Siena
- Siena’s shell-shaped Piazza del Campo is the location of the famous Palio, a horse race. Siena’s other intact gems from the Middle Ages include the Town Hall (Palazzo Pubblico) and the Torre dei Mangia (1340), which is almost as tall as the Cathedral.
- Lunch in one of Siena’s typical restaurants.
- En route: stop at Bagno Vignoni or San Quirico d’Orcia, charming Medieval towns.
Departure by Ferrari for the Roman Coast: Orte, Tarquinia, Ladispoli.
- Drive includes a mix of countryside and freeway.
- Arrival in Ladispoli (Rome) and check-in to the magnificent Hotel La Poste Vecchia.
- Built on the site of the Roman Alsium, this villa overlooking the sea and delicately decorated became the home of prince Orsini’s family from 1640 onwards before being restored by the oil magnate Jean Paul Getty in the 20th century. Not to be missed a dinner at the re ned and elegant Cesar Restaurant inside the hotel.
- Dinner on your own. Suggestion: Michelin Star Cesar Restaurant at Hotel La Posta Vecchia in Ladispoli.
- Overnight at La Posta Vecchia 5***** (Ladispoli, Rome).
Guests can drive the Ferraris for up to 200 km during the day.
Day 4: Relax On The Roman Coast
- Breakfast is served.
- Relax at the splendid property of La Posta Vecchia. A dip in the sea from the private beach, a stroll around the park, a swim in the indoor pool or a visit to the archaeological museum will perfectly round up your stay. You will feel like guests of a private noble villa, not guests of a hotel!
- Check-out & departure. A Mercedes S Class will take you to the destination of your choice in Rome or to Rome Fiumicino International Airport for your return flight.
On request: private tour of the Tarquinia area, famous for its Etruscan tombs, or a transfer to the center of Rome for shopping or sightseeing.
*The program is indicative and subject to modifications, on a day-to-day basis and with the agreement of the Tour Director. On request: tailor-made programs including alternative itineraries and activities such as golf, yachting, shopping, visits, etc.
- 3 nights accommodation in 5-star luxury hotels: Hotel De Russie (Rome), Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery, (province of Siena), La Posta Vecchia (Ladispoli, Rome).
- Daily breakfast.
- Welcome Coffee & Full Ferrari Briefing.
- Car insurance up to 450 km of Ferrari driving.
- Rome – Siena (up to 300 km) & Orvieto – Rome (up to 200 km) by Ferrari on the most exciting roads of Lazio, Umbria and Tuscany.
- 1 cooking class. Lunch or dinner follows on the foods prepared in class – drinks not included.
- Lunch at La Pineta (Lake Bolsena) – drinks not included.
Spa treatments at Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery (indoor and outdoor swimming pools, jacuzzi with volcanic naturally-warmed water, solarium, relax area, steam bath, sauna and multi-sensory showers).
- Dedicated staff (1-2 persons), including your private Tour Director with his Alfa Romeo Giulia.
- Mobile radio system (guests and staff, while driving, are always connected through radio).
- Service of parking, cleaning and refueling of the car
- Visits, Transfers by Mercedes S-Class as per program, transfers from/to Rome Fiumicino International Airport.
- Photographic service including a souvenir DVD with high-resolution pictures.
Airfare, fuel for the Ferrari, Meals and drinks, and any other incidentals not listed in what the Program Includes.
$9,995 per person, based on double occupancy. Includes all taxes and Italian VAT.
**10,000E deposit for the car.