Antipasto ~ Appetizer
Verdure Grigliate E Marinate ~ Grilled and Marinated Vegetables
Number of servings (yield): 8
- 4 Eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Parsley, fresh chopped
- Garlic, either fresh chopped or garlic in oil
- Black Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat grill, BBQ or grill pan.
- Place slices of eggplant and zucchini on the grill and sprinkle with salt.
- Do not oil the grill or the veggies; they should be dry.
- Grill for about 5-10 minutes turning the veggies over gently as they become golden.
- When veggies are golden on both sides, remove from the grill and set aside.
- In a serving plate, layer olive oil, slices of eggplant, fresh chopped parsley, garlic, black pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- No salt is needed as the veggies are already salted from the grill.
- Repeat 1 or 2 more times depending on the depth of your plate.
- In a separate serving plate, layer zucchini the same way as the eggplant.
- Allow both dishes of zucchini and eggplant to absorb the flavors about a half hour before serving.
- Your may also store the vegetables in the fridge up to 1 week, and they become more flavorful each day.
- Serve as an antipasto or as a vegetable side dish.
Primi~ First Course
Pasta Con Rucola, Gamberi E Pomodorini~ Pasta with Arugula, Shrimp & Summer Tomatoes
A Positano favorite, and a healthy Mediterranean dish served with a chilled bottle of Falanghina.
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 to 5 tbsp Virgin, First-Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 / 2 pound of fresh medium to large shrimp
- 1 /2 glass of local white wine
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1-1/2 cup Arugula
- 2 pinches of Sea Salt
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil until warm and then add garlic. Add shrimp. Add the 1/ 2 glass of white wine and let slow cook. Add tomatoes and continue to stew. At the very end, shut off the flame and add arugula.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in boiling salted water until ‘al dente’ to taste. Add the pasta to the sauce over the stove and fold in.
- Garnish each plate with a few leaves or fresh arugula and serve.
Semifreddo Alla Pesca E Menta ~ Peach & Mint Ice Cream Cake
Courtesy of Chef Raffaele, Positano
- 3 Eggs
- 300 g of Mascarpone
- 300 g Whipped Cream
- 200 g Sugar
- 300 g Peaches, peeled and remove pit
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 50 g Vodka
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Save egg whites for later use. Whip the yolks with 100 g of sugar. When creamy, add mascarpone and mix for 10 seconds.
- Meanwhile, puree the peach with the mint leaves and vodka until smooth.
- Add peach puree to the mascarpone mixture, then fold in the whipped cream carefully so it does not deflate.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites with the remaining sugar. Add this to the mascarpone mixture, always folding so the whites do not deflate.
- Place in molds and chill in the freezer for 24 hours. Remove 5 minutes before serving and garnish with a mint leaf.