~Recipes from Our Kitchen
Tagliolini Al Rosmarino Con Zucchine E Fiori
~ Rosemary Tagliolini with Zucchini & Zucchini Blossoms
Courtesy of Chef Salvatore, Capri
For the Tagliolini
- 300 g ‘00’ flour
- 100 g semola flour
- 10 g minced rosemary
- 5 g sea salt
- 4 eggs
For the sauce:
- 3 zucchini, washed and diced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 6 leaves of basil
- 8 zucchini blossoms, cut into strips
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 50 g extra Virgin olive oil
- 20 g Parmigiano Reggiano
- Mix the two types of flour with the minced rosemary and salt and place in a mound on a clean work surface. Create a well at the center of the flour and add the eggs one at a time, slowly incorporating all the flour until you obtain a smooth, pliable dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and, once hot, add the onion. Sauté for a couple of minutes then add the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook until zucchini are tender.
Meanwhile, roll out the pasta to a thickness of 2mm and cut into thin strips; these are your tagliolini. Cook the pasta in abundant boiling salted water for around 3 minutes, drain and add to the pan with the zucchini. Add the zucchini blossom strips, basil, a little extra olive oil and the Parmigiano. Serve immediately
Scialatielli Con Crema Di Melanzane Affumicate, Provola E Pomodorini
~ Scialatielli Pasta With Smoked Eggplant, Provola Cheese And Cherry Tomato
For the scialatielli pasta:
- 400 g 00 flour
- 100 g milk
- 1 handful grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the smoked eggplant cream:
- 2 eggplants, medium size
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Basil Leaves
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100 g Provola, cubed
For the pasta:
- Mix all the ingredients; knead to form a smooth dough. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin into a large rectangle shape leaving it about ¼ inch thick. Roll the sheet up leaving it a little loose. Next cut the pasta into ½ inch strips. Put strips on a floured baking pan and sift a little flour on top. Keep pasta rolled until ready to boil. The finished pasta ribbons should be 2 to 3 inches long.
For the eggplant cream
- Place whole eggplants on the open fire or grill and char the skin. Next put them into a parchment-paper-lined baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and finish cooking in the oven at 185°C for 10 minutes. When ready, open the aluminum foil to allow to cool. When they have cooled, peel off the skin with the help of a paring knife if needed, put them into a food processer and cream well. Salt to taste.
Meanwhile, boil water and salt to taste, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. In a large sauté pan heat 3 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the basil leaves. Add the cherry tomatoes and a pinch of salt. After few minutes add the eggplant cream with ¼ cup of pasta water and heat. Drain the pasta and add to the eggplant sauce. Toss together for a minute or two before serving.
Garnish with provola and Parmigiano Reggiano.
Cioccolato, Mascarpone & Fragole
~ Chocolate, Mascarpone & Strawberries
Courtesy of Chef Salvatore, Capri
- For the mascarpone mousse:
- 30 g water
- 120 g sugar
- 100 g egg Yolk, approximately 5 Egg yolks
- ½ vanilla Bean, slit open
- 15 g gelatin Powder
- 310 g cream
- 330 g mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon Rum
For the chocolate cream:
- 250 g milk
- 250 g cream
- 125 g bitter chocolate, cut into pieces
- 200 g milk chocolate, cut into pieces
- 60 g sugar
- 90 g egg yolk, approximately 4 Large egg yolks
- 5 g gelatin Powder
For the strawberry sauce:
- 200 g strawberries, washed, chopped
- 50 g sugar
- A drop of lemon juice
For the Chocolate Cream:
Take all the ingredients and put them in a pan: milk, cream, bitter chocolate, milk chocolate, sugar, egg yolks and gelatin powder. Slowly heat it to 82° C and then turn the heat off. Pour in glass jar and refrigerate until stiff.
For the Mascarpone Mousse:
In a small saucepan, start by making a syrup with the water, sugar and vanilla bean. Heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved. Discard vanilla bean. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks, then, while continuing to whisk, slowly add the syrup until the mix has cooled. Next add the cream, then the mascarpone and whip. Heat the rum in the microwave and then add the gelatin powder. When dissolved add this mixture to the mousse and mix well. Place the mousse on top of the chocolate layer in the jar and put it back in the fridge.
For the Strawberry Sauce:
For the sauce, place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a pan. Cook for 5 minutes and allow to cool. Once it has completely cooled, blend until smooth. Pour on top of the Mascarpone Mousse. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.