Peperoni Ripieni ~ Stuffed Peppers
Courtesy of Da Vincenzo
Number of servings (yield): 10
- 10 Peppers, whole + 3 peppers, cleaned and chopped for filling
- 6 Eggplant, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 180 g Tuna, canned/jarred
- 300 g Stale bread, chopped and toasted lightly in the oven
- 2 Eggs
- 200 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 100 g Capers, rinsed
- 200 g Green or Black Olives, to taste
- Several leaves fresh basil, ripped by hand
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In separate frying pans, heat a little olive oil and sauté chopped eggplant and peppers until tender.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cut off the top of the peppers, like a pumpkin and set aside top.
- Core the inside removing all the seeds and white.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggplant, peppers, capers, olives, tuna, Parmesan, basil, stale bread cubes, and eggs.
- Mix together and either spoon or use a pastry bag with a large opening (around 1-in diameter) to fill peppers.
- Once filled, place top back on to each pepper and set into baking pan.
- Sprinkle a little bit of olive oil over the top of the peppers. Bake in preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
Fresine Con Pesce Azzurro Al Limone ~ Pasta With Blue Fish & Lemon
Courtesy of Tre Sorelle, Secret Garden Positano™
Number of servings (yield): 4
- 500 g Blue Fish, such as Palamita (Atlantic Bonito), Anchovies, Tuna, or Mackerel
- 150 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Glass White Wine
- 1 Lemon (grated zest and juice)
- Water, as needed to boil the pasta
- 50 g Parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt, to taste
- Chili Pepper, to taste
- 400 g Fresine Pasta
- First, fillet the fish, cutting off head and tail and deboning it.
- Slice the meat into little cubes.
- In a pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil with the crushed garlic cloves.
- Sauté until the garlic becomes golden and add the cubes of fish, the salt and the chili pepper, as desired.
- Once the fish is colored add the white wine to blend the flavors together and cook until the wine has almost evaporated.
- Then add the parsley and the grated lemon zest. When it is almost ready, finish the cooking by adding the juice of the lemon.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce that you have already prepared.
- Add a splash of pasta water, as needed if it is dry.
- Serve hot with a garnish of lemon zest curls and a pinch of chopped fresh parsley.
Semifreddo Alla Pesca E Menta ~ Peach & Mint Ice Cream Cake
Courtesy of Valle Dei Mulini, Secret Garden Positano™
- 300 g of Mascarpone
- 300 g Whipped Cream
- 3 Eggs
- 200 g Sugar
- 300 g Peaches, peeled and remove pit
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 50 g Vodka
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Save egg whites for later use. Mix the yolks with 100 g of sugar.
- When creamy, add mascarpone and mix for 10 seconds.
- Meanwhile, puree the peach with the mint leaves and vodka until smooth.
- Add peach puree to the mascarpone mixture, then fold in the whipped cream carefully so it does not deflate.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites with the remaining sugar.
- Add this to the mascarpone mixture, always folding so the whites do not deflate.
- Place in molds and chill in the freezer for at least 1 day.