Tie on your aprons in historic Bologna for a hands-on cooking class followed by a truffle hunt in the countryside and Michlin Star Wine Dinner! Learn how to make fresh tortellini, tagliatelle, lasagne and the secrets of the perfect Bolognese sauce. Following the cooking class, everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the cooking class with local wine! After your cooking class, meet your driver, discover the countryside in our truffle hunt, then end the day with a Michelin Star full course dinner prepared by our chef with a wine pairing included.
As featured in Feb 2014 – Click here to read more!
In the kitchen, tie on your aprons and discover how our chef transforms natural farm-to-table products into delicious antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce, main courses and desserts. Bologna, home of the Slow Food movement, is called, the Fat City thanks to its healthy hearty cooking style. Not only will you learn how to prepare locally sourced produce, but you will also learn cooking techniques and dessert baking skills. Learn to make tortellini, tagliatelle, lasagne and Bolognese sauce, along with artisan breads such as tigelle and piadina. Desserts are delicious with fresh baked chestnut tortellini, pumpkin semi-freddo drizzled with aged balsamico, and pinza, a local cake stuffed with figs, almonds and hazelnuts.
Meet Signor Luigi, our truffle hunter, and Spot, the truffle dog. Knowledgable and experienced, Signor Luigi leads you into the forest while Spot sniffs out the tubers, truffles. Together, they lead you to the forest on a search for black Scorzone or Marzuolo truffles, white truffles, or Bianchetto truffles. Spot is trained to sniff and find the best truffles!!!
Chef’s Michelin Star Dinner
Following your truffle hunt enjoy a Chef’s Tasting Menu at our Michelin Star restaurant featuring a full course menu with a wine pairing included.
Cooking Class in Bologna, Truffle Hunt in the Countryside & Dinner with Wine Pairing
- One hands-on cooking class preparing an antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce, main course and dessert with wine included.
- Truffle hunt with our expert dog and truffle hunter in the countryside.
- Chef’s Tasting Dinner featuring a full course menu with local cuisine and wine pairing included at a Michelin Star restaurant.
- Round trip transfers from Bologna to the countryside and to Bologna.
- Cooking Vacations’ Welcome Bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco and recipe booklet
$895 per person, based on two guests.
* Please note, in the spring the White Truffles are not available however there is the possibility of finding black truffles, such as Scorzone and Marzuolo.
* One-day cooking classes do not include additional transportation, hotel accommodations, or any other excursions.