Join us in the hills of Bologna, cook with a Michelin Star Chef and soak up the food, wine and culture of Emilia Romagna.
Michelin Star Chef and farm-to-table cuisine blend for this authentic hands-on cooking experience. Experience local products from the green farms of this rich agricultural area just 35 minutes outside of Bologna – including chicken, cattle and pigs raised on vast green pastures. Experience an organic garden producing produce of the seasons – pumpkin, spring peas, porcini mushrooms and truffles.
The trifulau, truffle hunter, and his trusty dog show the way in the search for black Scorzone or Marzuolo truffles, white truffles, or Bianchetto truffles, depending on the season. Prized hunting dogs are trained to sniff out the little gems and show the location to their master (without eating the truffle, as was the habit of the truffle-pigs).
Paired with the truffle hunt in the hills of Emilia-Romagna outside of Bologna, is a hands-on cooking class in a Michelin Star kitchen. Learn about using truffles in cooking paired with homemade egg pasta such as tigelline or tagliatelle, hand-rolled potato gnocchi, golden polenta, second courses of seared sirloin with truffle glaze, farm-fresh eggs with truffle shavings and more. Informal discussion includes truffle storage and preservation and dinner follows. Enjoy the fruits of your labor after class.
Afternoon Truffle Hunt Followed By Cooking Class, Aperitivo & Dinner
- Start your afternoon at 2:30pm with a truffle hunt with our expert dog and truffle hunter.
- Return to the kitchen at about 4:30pm for a hands-on cooking class learning about truffle and its use in the kitchen.
- Your hands-on cooking class includes the preparation of an antipasto, pasta, main course and dessert.
- Enjoy an aperitivo after class, featuring truffle & Colli Bolognesi wine, followed by about an hour of free time to relax or stroll through town before dinner.
- Dinner follows and includes the foods that were prepared in the cooking class. A toast of wine included. Additional drinks available at a surcharge.
$795 per person, based on two guests.
Experience includes truffle hunting, Michelin star hands-on cooking class, aperitivo, dinner following, and round trip private transfers from your hotel in Bologna to the countryside and back. English speaking food guide throughout the experience.
* Please note, in the spring the White Truffles are not available however there is the possibility of finding black truffles: Scorzone and Marzuolo based on the season.
* One-day cooking classes do not include other transportation, accommodations, or any other excursions. If you would like to add on transfers to and from your hotel or cruise ship port ~ please let us know your group size and we will be happy to provide a price and reserve the transfer(s) for you. If you have a non-cooker who would like dine, but not cook, please let us know and we will also send you pricing.