Food, wine and fashion and are the ingredients this culinary tour in Milan with Chef Ceci as your host! Chef Ceci welcomes as you learn the art of Italian cooking in her home kitchen. Under her guidance, you will learn how to prepare Milanese antipasti, pasta, main course and desserts using recipes that you’ll be able to recreate at home.
Included in your cooking program is a welcome dinner including a chef’s tasting menu including local food, wine and hospitality. Learn about farm-to-table ingredients of the region and traditional recipes such as creamy risotto. You will also visit a famous wine maker where you will sip and swirl the most exquisite wine in the region with a delicious lunch included.
Milan Cooking Classes
Meet Chef Ceci around 9:30am for tea or coffee and an introduction of the daily menu. Next, tie on your apron and head into the kitchen to cook hands-on preparing a four-course meal. Start by preparing the antipasto such as fresh tomato bruschetta, prosciutto e melone or insalata caprese, then homemade pasta, risotto, gnocchi or vegetarian minestrone, a second course including meat, fish or a vegetable dish and a dessert such as tiramisù, chocolate cake, or semi-freddo, Italian ice cream. Menus vary based on the season, food allergies, diet needs and special menu requests.
Cooking classes are approximately 2 ½ hours in the kitchen and follows including the foods that were prepared in class. End with an Italian espresso and dessert!
If Rome evokes images of ancient times, Florence of the Renaissance, Milan is without a doubt the epitome of the Belle-Époque. Imagine ladies and gentlemen dressed for the fashion capital, heading to La Scala Opera House, strolling through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II for a caffé and stepping to the Piazza Duomo, home of Milan’s cathedral.
Milan is home to numerous art galleries such as the Pinacoteca di Brera, with works by Piero della Francesca, the Castello Sforzesco, home to numerous collections of paintings, statues and sculptures, and modern art and galleries perfect for design enthusiasts. Milan also hosts numerous events each year including the Milan Fashion Week, the Salon Del Mobile, modern furniture & interior design fair, FieraMilano for exhibitions and sports lovers can see games by AC Milan or FC Internazionale Milano (Inter), Milan’s two soccer teams.
Milan is a culinary word delight with historic shops, restaurants, pastry makers and caffés peppering the city center. Sample risotto alla milanese, creamy risotto with saffron, el rostin negàa, veal medallions braised in white wine, panzerotti, and golden-fried calzones filled with provola cheese & tomato. Desserts are delicious and include, panettone, a candied-fruit bread served only at Christmas in the rest of Italy, but year round in Milan, and tortelli dolci, cream-filled bigné.
Your hosts Martina and Camilla welcome you to the charming boutique hotel nestled in the quiet courtyard of a 19th century historic palazzo in the center of Milan. The hotel is located nearby metro and tram stops for easy travel around the heart of Milan and the region. A private courtyard complete beautiful flowers makes for a dreamy stay.
Guest rooms have been recently renovated to maintain their original character with modern comforts – with beautiful linens and bedding. Each room is bright and fresh, and overlooks the courtyard or the garden. Amenities include air conditioning, heat, hairdryer, safe, satellite TV, direct dial telephone and free wi-fi internet connection.
A continental breakfast buffet is served each morning with fresh croissants, pastries, yogurt, fruit juices and steamy cappuccino, tea or espresso. In the later afternoon, they also serve a delicious Milanese aperitivo.
Itinerary ~ 2 Nights & 3 Days
Day 1: Arrival & Welcome Dinner
- Arrival & check in to your boutique hotel in the heart of Milan with your hosts Martina and Camilla.
- In the evening, your welcome dinner which includes a chef’s tasting dinner.
- Return to the hotel after dinner.
Day 2: Market Tour & Cooking Class 1
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, meet your English-speaking guide for a market tour that will introduce you to the region’s best produce and products. Farm-to-table ingredients are the key ingredient in the kitchen.
- Following the market tour, it is off to the kitchen.
- Cooking class 1. Tie on your apron and prepare a four-course menu. Menus vary based on the season and can accommodate food allergies, diet needs and menu requests.
- Lunch follows on the foods that were prepared in class including a toast of local red or white wine.
- Afternoon free – take time to explore the city center.
- Dinner on your own. Suggestion: Try a Milanese aperitivo in the early evening. Day 3: Cantina Visit, Wine Tour Tasting & Lunch
Day 3: Departure
- Breakfast is served.
- Check out & departure.
- Arrivederci Milano!
*Note: This schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saint days or festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the program.
- 3 days, 2 nights accommodations in 3-star boutique hotel, based 2 guests. Click To View!
- Daily Breakfast and maid service.
- Welcome Dinner including a chef’s tasting menu including local wine and water. Additional wine & beverages at a surcharge.
- 1 hands-on cooking class with lunch following including the foods prepared during class. Local wine, water & coffee included. Additional wines & beverages at a surcharge.
- Local market tour with English-speaking guide.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco toast and recipe booklet.
$1,295 per person, based on 2 guests.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
**Supplement may apply during fair dates.