Chef Giuseppe Vigna and his professional culinary team invite you to an extraordinary hands-on cooking experience in the lap of luxury on Lake Maggiore. This 5 Star Culinary program offers you the opportunity of experiencing the very best Italian cooking in a superior property with beautiful Lake views. When you’re not busy in the kitchen, you’ll be relaxing in your beautiful surroundings. Situated on the shores of Lake Maggiore, your Villa enjoys a uniquely panoramic location, offering views over the Golfo Borromeo and its precious islands. Take time out to stroll around the spectacular gardens in bloom, enjoy breathtaking trips through the mountains and lakes, romantic dinners by candlelight, take a relaxing treatment at the Villa’s world class Spa, and indulge in this unforgettable experience that you will remember for years to come.
Cooking classes with Chef Giuseppe are informative and relaxed; limited to small groups. Learn how to make a great range of antipasti, fresh gnocchi, pasta, pizza, risotto and seasonal fish or meat dishes and wonderful desserts. After each class, participants join together for lunch on the foods prepared in class. Menus can be adapted to special dietary requirements, based on your personal requests. Giuseppe focuses on using the best fresh ingredients of the season, to make simple delicious dishes with his creative touch and always artistic presentation.
Cooking classes are available Monday to Friday 9am to 11:30am, then lunch follows featuring the foods prepared in class.
Stresa is a delightful little town on the shores of Lake Maggiore which offers views over the beautiful Borromeo Islands, and enjoys the perfect setting, lodged as it is, between the crystal blue waters of the Lake and the nearby hills of Mount Mottarone. Stresa is well known as a sophisticated tourist destination: a real gem of a town with many artistic and cultural venues, but it is also home to a variety of meetings and sporting events. In the past, it was a favorite haunt of British Royals and Elisabeth of Sassonia, and was also much loved by artists and philosophers such as Dickens, Flaubert and Fogazzaro who praised the attractions of this pretty town in their writing.
Lake Maggiore & Its Islands
From Stresa on the shores of Lake Maggiore, there are many attractions to be enjoyed nearby. Take a trip to the enchanting Isola Bella which is only 15 minutes by boat from the hotel and from Stresa. Visit the island’s monumental baroque palace which was started in 1670 by Count Vitaliano Borromeo, and which now attracts thousands of tourists daily who come to see the countless works of art that are preserved in the residence. The terraced gardens, which made Isola Bella famous, are rich in all varieties of rare plants and flowers and are a peerless example of an Italian garden of that time. On the island there are many cafes, restaurants and shops selling artisan products and souvenirs.
Isola Madre is also only 15 minutes by boat from the hotel and from Stresa. It’s the largest and the most picturesque of the Borromeo Islands and is famous for its marvelous gardens that boast numerous rare plants and exotic flowers, and has an amazing collection of azaleas, rhododendrons and camellias. The palace is extremely interesting with its period furnishing and collection of uniforms, dolls and porcelains. The exhibition of Teatrini delle Marionette (Puppet theaters) from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries is also quite exceptional.
Isola Pescatori, again 15 minutes by boat from the hotel, is a fascinating fisherman’s island. The charm of this island, unchanged over the centuries, is the simplicity and rustic innocence of its houses. Excellent restaurants offer the opportunity to taste some of the area’s best fish dishes.
This family operated Villa is one of the most charming and luxurious villa hotels in the area. Privately owned and run by the delightful Zanetta family, this is a 5-star boutique property set on the shores of Lake Maggiore. It was built in the 19th century as a private villa and is now one of the most enchanting residences on the Lake. This luxurious property will satisfy your every desire for luxury and charm in an establishment that is truly the soul of refinement. From the entrance to the hallways that lead to your private room suite, the décor and atmosphere contribute to making your stay a regal experience.
Every bedroom suite is personalized. Stucco artwork, chandeliers, and precious furniture mean each room is an oasis of comfort and charm. There is a palpable magic in the fairytale atmosphere. Outdoors won’t disappoint either. A well-equipped beach, an outdoor swimming pool and exercise tracks are available for guests. Three private mooring places and two buoys are also available.
Itinerary~ 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival & Check In
- Arrival and check in at the Villa hotel.
- A bottle of Italian Spumante awaits you in your room for a toast as you enjoy the incredible lake views.
- Welcome Dinner is served by candlelight in the relaxed Lake View dining room or terrace. Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.
Day 2: Cooking Class 1
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, meet Chef Giuseppe for your Cooking Class 1. Meet the chef’s team and listen as he explains about local ingredients, produce and specialties. The cooking classes explore the technique and foods of the region. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.
- Afternoon free to relax or visit one of the nearby islands – Isola Bella, Isola Madre and Isola Pescatori.
- Or, take advantage of the Hotel’s Spa services, including Turkish bath, ice waterfall, Aromarium and more.
- Dinner on your own. Why not book a table at the Villa’s beautiful restaurant or stroll into Stresa and enjoy a bite to eat there.
Day 3: Cooking Class 2
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, it’s off to the kitchen with Chef Giuseppe and his team for your Cooking Class 2. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.
- Afternoon free. Your Villa hotel has such a beautiful waterside location, so why not book in to enjoy a little water-skiing, water jet ski or water parachuting.
- Dinner on your own. Book a table at the Villa’s beautiful restaurant or stroll into Stresa.
Day 4: Departure & Arrivederci!
- Breakfast is served
- Check out and say goodbye to Chef Giuseppe and his team. Arrivederci!
- 4 Days, 3 nights in a deluxe double room with balcony and partial lake & garden view, based on double occupancy. Click To View!
- Daily buffet breakfast or served to your room at no room-service supplement.
- 1 bottle of Italian Spumante upon arrival.
- Welcome Candlelight Dinner with Tasting Menu. (Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.)
- Two cooking lessons with Chef Giuseppe and his team. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. (Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.)
- 3 Days use of Spa including: Thermarium, Turkish bath, ice waterfall, Aromarium, sensory and Scottish showers, whirlpool and relax area.
- Use of swimming pool, access to the Villa’s fitness area.
- Recipes, Chef’s apron, paper Chef’s hat, and Participation Certificate.
$2,850 per person, based on double occupancy.