Chef Giuseppe Vigna and his professional culinary team invite you to an extraordinary hands-on cooking experience in the lap of luxury on Lake Maggiore. This 5 Star Culinary program offers you the opportunity of experiencing the very best Italian cooking in a superior property with beautiful Lake views. When you’re not busy in the kitchen, you’ll be relaxing in your beautiful surroundings. Situated on the shores of Lake Maggiore, your Villa enjoys a uniquely panoramic location, offering views over the Golfo Borromeo and its precious islands. Take time out to stroll around the spectacular gardens in bloom, enjoy breathtaking trips through the mountains and lakes, romantic dinners by candlelight, take a relaxing treatment at the Villa’s world class Spa, and indulge in this unforgettable experience that you will remember for years to come.
Cooking classes with Execute Chef Giuseppe in a luxury property overlooking the Lake will have you cooking like a local. His classes are informative and limited to small groups from two to eight guests. Learn how to make antipasti, fresh gnocchi, pasta, pizza, risotto and seasonal fish or meat recipes. Also included are the delightful desserts of this region.
After each class, guests enjoy the food that was prepared in the cooking class for lunch with a toast of local red or white wine. Menus are designed based on the season using only high quality local products from the garden and purveyors. Our Chef also caters to special dietary requirements such as vegetarian and gluten free. Tie on your apron and learn the secrets of Chef Giuseppe as he prepares traditional recipes with his interpretation.
Cooking classes are available Monday to Friday 9am to 11:30am, then lunch follows featuring the foods prepared in class.
Stresa is a gorgeous town on Lake Maggiore. The property offers views over beautiful Borromeo Islands, the crystal blue waters of the Lake and the nearby hills of Mount Mottarone. Stresa is well known as a sophisticated tourist destination: an elegant town attracting many artistic and cultural venues, along with sporting events. In the past, it was the destination for the British Royals and Elisabeth of Sassonia, Charles Dickens, Flaubert and Fogazzaro loved spending long vacations here and praised the Stresa in their writing.
Lake Maggiore & Its Islands
From Stresa on the shores of Lake Maggiore, there are many attractions to be enjoyed nearby. Take a trip to the enchanting Isola Bella which is only 15 minutes by boat from the hotel and from Stresa. Visit the island’s monumental baroque palace which was started in 1670 by Count Vitaliano Borromeo, and which now attracts thousands of tourists daily who come to see the countless works of art that are preserved in the residence. The terraced gardens, which made Isola Bella famous, are rich in all varieties of rare plants and flowers and are a peerless example of an Italian garden of that time. On the island there are many cafes, restaurants and shops selling artisan products and souvenirs.
Isola Madre is also only 15 minutes by boat from the hotel and from Stresa. It’s the largest and the most picturesque of the Borromeo Islands and is famous for its exquisite gardens that boast numerous exotic plants and flowers, and has an amazing collection of azaleas, rhododendrons and camellias. The palace is extremely interesting with its period furnishing and collection of uniforms, dolls and porcelains. The exhibition of Teatrini delle Marionette (Puppet theatres) from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries is also quite exceptional.
Isola Pescatori, again 15 minutes by boat from the hotel, is a fascinating fisherman’s island. The charm of this island, unchanged over the centuries, is the simplicity and rustic innocence of its houses. Excellent restaurants offer the opportunity to taste some of the area’s best fish dishes.
This family Villa is one of the most charming and luxurious villa hotels in the area. Privately owned and run by a Noble Royal Family, this 5-star boutique property is set on the shores of Lake Maggiore. It was built in the 19th century as a private villa and is now the most enchanting residences on the Lake. Spilling with charm and beauty, the Villa is a magical place for every guest. From the moment you check in you will feel the regal experience of this property.
Every bedroom suite is personalised with handcrafted decor and furnishing. Stucco artwork, chandeliers, and precious furniture mean each room is an oasis of comfort and charm. There is a magic in the fairytale atmosphere, the windows that spill onto the lake view and charm that wows at every corner. There are lush green gardens, a well-equipped beach area, an outdoor swimming pool and exercise tracks for each guest. Three private mooring places and two buoys are also available.
Itinerary~ 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival & Check In
- Arrival and check in at the Villa hotel.
- A bottle of Proscecco awaits you in your room for a toast as you enjoy the incredible lake views.
- Welcome Dinner is served by candlelight in the relaxed Lake View dining room or terrace. Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.
Day 2: Cooking Class 1
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, meet Executive Chef Giuseppe for your cooking class 1. He greets each guest with nn introduction and overview on the local ingredients, produce and specialties along with cooking technique is covered by the Chef. The cooking classes explore the technique and cuisine of the region. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.
- Afternoon is free to relax or visit one of the nearby islands – Isola Bella, Isola Madre and Isola Pescatori.
- Or, take advantage of the Hotel’s Spa services, including Turkish bath, ice waterfall, Aromarium – to name a few.
- Dinner is on your own. We suggest to reserve a table at the Villa’s beautiful restaurant or you may stroll into Stresa and enjoy dinner at any one of our suggested restaurants.
Day 3: Cooking Class 2
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, it’s off to the kitchen with Chef Giuseppe and his team for your Cooking Class 2. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.
- Afternoon free. Soak up the sun at any one of the Villa’s waterside locations =water-skiing, water jet ski or water parachuting.
- We suggest to reserve a table at the Villa’s beautiful restaurant or you may stroll into Stresa and enjoy dinner at any one of our suggested restaurants.
Day 4: Departure & Arrivederci!
- Breakfast is served
- Check out and say goodbye to Chef Giuseppe and his staff. Arrivederci!
- 4 Days, 3 nights in a deluxe double room with balcony and partial lake & garden view, based on double occupancy. Click To View!
- Daily buffet breakfast and maid service included.
- 1 bottle of Italian Prosecco upon arrival.
- Welcome candlelight dinner with Chef’s Tasting Menu. (Wine and beverages not included).
- Two cooking classes with Executive Chef Giuseppe and his sous chefs. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. (Beverages and coffee available at a surcharge.)
- 3 Days Spa Pass including: Thermarium, Turkish bath, ice waterfall, Aromarium, sensory and Scottish showers, whirlpool and relax area.
- Use of swimming pool and access to the Villa’s fitness area.
- Welcome bag with Chef’s apron, recipe booklet, Chef’s hat, and Cooking School Certificate.
$3,195 per person, based on 2 guests in a Lake side view.
$ 3750 per person, based on 2 guests in a Lake view.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.