Join us in the kitchen for hands-on cooking with our family in the heart of Veneto in Valpolicella. Our team of Chefs, led by Executive Chefs Massimiliano and Alessandro, welcomes you to the 15th-century villa set in the lush green countryside of the Amarone vineyards. Learn about local cooking, flavors and extraordinary wines while participating in hands-on cooking classes that immerse you into treasured family recipes. The Villa is conveniently located a few minutes from Verona!
In the kitchen, our Executive Chef team, along with talented Sous Chefs transform seasonal products into artful healthy food. Careful attention goes into choosing naturally grown products for each cooking class. We visit a local cheese artisan and sample excellent hand crafted cheese, and enjoy a wine-tasting led by your Sommelier in the villa’s ancient Roman wine cellar discovering that Verona is one of Italy’s most important wine regions. You will taste, sip and swirl, the best way to learn about flavors, while preparing local recipes and dining on exquisite cuisine!
And while at the property, relax and enjoy the beauty of their exotic gardens, flowers, fruits and paths. You can also visit the cotto wine cellar which stocks over 1,200 different bottles of hand-selected wines.
The Region offers archeological parks to the beautiful Lake Garda to charming city of Verona. Spend an entire day in downtown Verona exploring the Piazza dei Signori, Lamberti Tower, Juliet’s House, Balcony, and Statue; Roman Theater and Archeological Museum; Duomo di Verona – the Cathedral Complex; Castelvecchio – Castle and Museum and the Roman Arena.
Our cooking classes teach you both skills and techniques under the direction of our professional Chef team. Passion and creativity blend in the kitchen as they show you the way, always using the best naturally produced ingredients. Learn their secrets of haute cuisine and create elegant, simple foods like fresh handmade pasta, fragrant bread and delicious desserts that you will be able to recreate in your own kitchen. Lessons are approximately two hours and everyone enjoys the foods that were made in the class following. Wine and beverages are available at a surcharge.
“I love light and modern cuisine, respectful of Italian tradition – though I’m not insensitive to exotic suggestions, as long as they are not exaggerated. After a period of bold experimentation, I wanted to return to the canons of Italian tradition, which is both the foundation and the future of cooking excellence. It is exciting for me to reinterpret the most typical dishes of our great culinary heritage, but without excesses, according to the rules of simplicity and lightness. I prefer short cooking times since they preserve the qualities and the characteristics of the ingredients, but also because they are the ultimate test of the chef’s skill,” says Chef Massimiliano.
Famous throughout the world for its star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliette, Verona and its surroundings offer visitors countless attractions. In Verona’s historic center, you’ll find the wonderful Roman Arena, where each summer the city hosts its open-air operas, as well as Piazza delle Erbe, Ponte Scaligero and the Basilica of San Zeno Maggiore. In the countryside surrounding Verona, there are many stately Palladian villas you can visit, countless wineries – think Bardolino, Valpolicella, and Suave, and of course Lake Garda with its pretty towns of Peschiera del Garda and Sirmione. From the Villa, it’s also possible to take a bike trip along pretty paths that meander between the provinces of Verona and Mantova through the quiet country landscape of the Mincio Natural Park, past farms, villas and villages.
The splendid Villa dates back to the 14th century and was originally built as an inn. Today the family has restored the property to its original splendor and is dedicated to providing an unforgettable experience. Each guest room is exquisitely decorated in Empire style, complete with 18th-century mirrors and commodes, many featuring antique art. Antique wooden ceilings adorn the rooms, each with a marble bathroom. And each room spills out to the property’s beautiful gardens and outdoor pool. The daily buffet breakfast is set in the breakfast room with views looking out to the main garden – a truly gracious way to start the day.
Itinerary ~ 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day One: Arrival & Welcome
- Arrival & check in at the Villa.
- Welcome Dinner is served at the hotel. Wine available at a surcharge.
Day Two: Cooking Class 1 & Visit To Local Cheese Artisan
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, tie on your aprons for your first hands-on cooking class where you will learn the steps to making a selection of mouthwatering handmade pastas. Lunch follows with the foods prepared in class. Wine and beverages available at a surcharge.
- In the afternoon, visit one of the area’s most skilled cheese artisans, with a visit to the ancient cellar, used for the maturing of his various cheeses. Tasting included.
- Dinner is on your own.
Day Three: Cooking Class 2 & Wine Tasting
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, head to the kitchen for your second cooking class. Today the subject is making bread and delicious desserts. Everyone will bake up a storm and lunch follows on the foods that were prepared in class. Wine and beverages available at a surcharge.
- Late afternoon, enjoy a wine tasting in the villa’s ancient wine cellar, led by your Sommelier. The wine tasting takes you through a number of the area’s best-loved wines, accompanied by a selection of cheeses and cold cuts.
- Free for dinner.
Day Four: Departure
- Breakfast is served.
- Check out and Arrivederci Verona!
- 3 nights 5-Star double room classic accommodations, based on double occupancy.
- Daily Breakfast served at the Villa.
- Welcome dinner. (Wine and beverages available at a surcharge.)
- 2 hands-on cooking classes followed by lunch with the foods prepared in class. (Wine and beverages available at a surcharge.)
- Chef’s cooking aprons and recipes.
- Visit to local cheese artisan, tasting included.
- Wine tasting with Sommelier, cheese and light food tastings included.
- A cooking diploma.
$1,995 per person, based on double occupancy. Includes all taxes and Italian VAT.
$2,795 per person, based on single occupancy. Includes all taxes and Italian VAT.
Additional nights available at $335 per person per night, based on double occupancy, breakfast included.
Round trip transfers to Verona Train Station or Airport available on request and at a surcharge.