Join us in Cortona where Chef Netta welcomes you into her home kitchen and shares her Tuscan cooking using farm-to-table local ingredients into delicious Tuscan fare. Her villa property is nestled on a hilltop in Val di Chiana in lush fields of sunflowers and lavender fields, olive groves and vineyards. She shares her healthy vegetarian cooking recipes at home in charming Cortona!
Tie on your aprons for an extraordinary hands-on cooking classes, a Food Lover’s tour with traditional food tastings along the way. Soak up la dolce vita, sweet life, in sunnyl Cortona with our family.
Our chef will show you how to make handmade pasta, prepare seasonal sauces using organic vegetables from the garden and make desserts and crostate, open-faced fruit pies and Tuscan biscotti with Vin Santo. Step into Chef Netta’s kitchen and learn how to prepare Tuscan classics while learning about seasonal cooking and Super Tuscan wines.
During your stay, discover Cortona with our English-speaking guide who will take you on an enchanting tour of Cortona’s artisan makers and landmarks – Teatro Signorelli, Piazza della Repubblica, the Diocesan Museum home Luca Signorelli’s masterpieces, the Santa Maria Nuova church, designed by Giorgio Vasari, and Santa Maria delle Grazie. Enjoy a day in the Tuscan countryside with our driver for a wine tasting tour. Visit the vineyard, taste the Tuscan wines and enjoy Traditional tastings included.
Chef Netta is passionate about her cooking and shares her family recipes in the kitchen. Tie on your aprons for an extraordinary experience making antipasti, fresh pasta, main courses and dessert accompanied by Tuscan wine.
Chef Netta also grows seasonal fruits and vegetables in her garden and uses farm-to-table ingredients from local purveyors, markets and farmers from the Tuscan hills.
After each cooking class, everyone enjoys lunch or dinner with the food that was prepared in class with local white or red wine.
Chef Netta’s Tuscan Menu
Ribollita – The celebrated ribollita, is a hearty soup of the countryside.
Pappa col Pomodoro – Bread and tomato soup.
Cecina – A savory chick pea pie.
Tortellini di Patate – Traditional fresh pasta stuffed potato.
Schiacciata alla Fiorentina – Tuscan flat bread.
Cortona is a dreamy Tuscan village and offers something for everyone. Ancient churches, a pretty piazza, wine bars, gelato shops, shopping and artisan goods! Made famous by Frances Mayes in Under The Tuscan Sun, Cortona was once part of Umbria, then became part of Tuscany.
The prevailing character of Cortona’s architecture is medieval with picturesque narrow streets set on a hillside embracing the enchanting view of the Val di Chiana. The town cherishes its tradition with festivals, concerts and events throughout the year. The locals also celebrate Medieval Week, with a procession of over 300 people wearing traditional medieval costumes while horseback riders parade through the village. Weekly local markets comes to life in the village’s piazza with venders selling traditional products, wine and goods. And, you can always sit back in any one of the local caffès, sip an espresso or vino and soak up the Tuscan sun.
Discover Tuscany’s art, architecture and history from Elba Island to precious Tuscan hills towns such as Montepulicano, and of course, Florence. Throughout your experience, learn about traditional Tuscan cuisine, seasonal cooking and wine making.
Chef Netta’s Villa property is set in the green hills of Cortona – close to Pienza, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Siena, and San Gimignano. The Villa has been respectfully refurbished keeping tradition while adding cozy comforts. Step into the property furnished with antiques from the 18th to 20th century and beautiful accommodations during your stay. Each bedroom has a private bathroom with Italian linens wotj daily maid service each day. Breakfast is served in the elegant dining room and includes homemade cakes and jam, cappuccino, tea, fruits grown in the garden, yogurt, and eggs
Step through the garden, relax, soak up the sun and take in the view of Monte Amiata surrounded by vineyards and a beautiful swimming pool.
Itinerary ~ 4 days, 3 nights
Day One~ Arrival
- Pick up at the Cortona train station – Check in, introduction and welcome tea.
- A Welcome Dinner featuring a Chef’s Tuscan tasting menu with a full course menu.
Day Two~ Morning Visit to Cortona and Cooking Class
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, meet your driver for a visit to Cortona. Enjoy Cortona in our self-guided tour including where to shop, dine and visit.
- Following your day in the Cortona, return to the Villa.
- In the early evening, Cooking Class 1. Tie on your aprons and get ready to mix and roll the dough for your hands-on pizza-making class. Following the cooking class, everyone dines together and enjoys the pizza that was prepared in class, along with other local Tuscan food.
Day Three ~ Visit To A Tuscan Vineyard & Cooking Class
- Breakfast is served.
- Your driver will pick you up for a visit to a beautiful Tuscan vineyard. Enjoy the ride through the Tuscan hills along rolling vineyards and fields of sunflowers. At the vineyard, enjoy a visit to the vineyard with a wine tasting tour and Tuscan bites included.
- In the early evening, return to the Villa for Cooking Class 2. Tie on your aprons and get ready to mix and roll the dough for your hands-on pizza-making class. Following the cooking class, everyone dines together and enjoys the pizza that was prepared in class, along with other local Tuscan food.
Day Four~ Departure
- Breakfast is served.
- After breakfast, check out and arriverderci!
- 4 days, 3 nights accommodation based on double occupancy. Click to View!
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- Welcome Dinner featuring a full course menu with a Chef’s Tasting Menu with Tuscan fare. Wine and beverages not included.
- 2 hands-on cooking classes. Following each cooking class, lunch or dinner follows and includes the food that was prepared in the cooking class with a toast of wine included.
- Tuscan Wine Tour including a visit to the vineyard, cantina with wine tasting and Tuscan cheese, salumi and bites with driver.
- Arrival and departure transfers from the Camucia-Cortona Train Station to Villa.
- Cooking Vacations’ Welcome Bag with Chef’s apron and recipe book.
- A copy of Lauren’s cookbook, It’s A Dream Place – Stories & Recipes of Food, Love and the Amalfi Coast.
$1,995 per person, based on 2 guests in a Suite with terrace.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out.