Tie on your apron in our Amalfi Coast Country Kitchen for a delicious cooking and wine experience in the romantic hills above Amalfi. Join Chef Mina and learn how to create authentic, traditional antipasti, fresh pastas, risottos and delicious dolci in the country kitchen. Cook, explore and discover with Chef Mina and her family while soaking up the sun on the sunny Amalfi Coast.
With infinite views of sky and sea, the property options offer a breathtaking position that showcases the Amalfi Coast and its beautiful landscapes. Wild birds glide on the hot air currents in the valley, church bells ring out in the village below and the scent of jasmine and lemon blossoms in the breeze invite you to explore the trails that lead down to the nearby Church of San Michele or to the Walk of the Gods.
There’s an old-world feel in the Amalfi Coast Country Kitchen cooking tour while Chef Mina works her magic in the kitchen and the scent of fresh baked bread and cakes scent the air. She and her family welcome guests to their property and kitchen with passion, care and an enormous love of food and wine. Learn traditional recipes including slow cooked braciole stuffed with garlic, parsley and pine nuts and simmered in tomato sauce; eggplant parmesan made the old-fashioned way, fresh pasta handmade pasta served with sweet cherry tomatoes and local Provolone del Monaco cheese – always using farm-to-table ingredients from the family’s garden. You will also be baking traditional Neapolitan desserts from the family recipe book, including Torta al Limone, biscotti, crostata, open fruit pie, and semi-freddo, ice cream with fruits of the season.
Discover the most beautiful villages along the Amalfi Coast with artisan products: limoncello; fiore di latte, artisan cheese; extra virgin olive oil and the ancient wine of the region – Falanghina and Aglianico wines. There’s pasta – scialatielli, the pasta of the region, ravioli, and gnocchi. Our Amalfi Coast Country Kitchen cooking program brings you to the heart of Southern Italy’s cuisine, where sun, sea and the volcanic soil from nearby Vesuvius play a vital part in the cultivation of the fruits, vegetables and grapes for wine making. Enjoy an excursion to Amalfi and Ravello, take a boat trip to Capri (weather permitting), discover the local produce markets and artisan cheese makers, and visit an award-winning winery for a vintner’s tasting lunch and a cooking class to follow!
Amalfi Coast Cooking Classes
Chef Mina welcomes you to her country kitchen and shows you how to prepare Neapolitan classics using farm-to-table produce and vegetables from the family garden. She shares her family recipes in hands-on cooking classes starting with delicious antipasti to fresh pasta and main courses – with daily catch from the sea and naturally raised meats, and dessert. Learn the secrets of Neapolitan cooking in the four seasons with Chef Mina.
In the Amalfi Coast Country Kitchen, copper pans hang from up high, wooden shelves are lined with jars of homemade jams and home-grown tomatoes, and a bouquet of dried thyme tied tight in twine dangles on a golden hook. Ingredients are local and recipes are traditional using the fundamental principles of the Mediterranean diet.
Discover the family’s lush Mediterranean garden brimming with ruccola, rosemary and basil along with tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and endless vegetables. Vineyards surround this area of the Amalfi Coast, a land rich in volcanic soil and warm sun. Fruits and citrus – think cherries, lemons and figs are picked daily and used in the cooking classes.
Chef Mina’s Sample menus are comprised of delicious sun-dried tomatoes made into a delicious pesto rosso for bruschetta and fresh pasta. Using the sfusato lemons, learn how to prepare creamy lemon risotto made with lemons from the garden. Pasta is endless from hand-made ravioli stuffed with ricotta, gnocchi and tagliatelle. Learn the secret recipe for Neapolitan ragù and totani e patate – an old fishermen’s recipe made with local calamari and farm potatoes or caponata, a traditional summer salad made with pane biscottato – twice baked bread – and tomatoes and basil. Also learn how to prepare traditional Neapolitan pizza, antipasto and a dessert. Desserts are delicious and never-ending -from Torta Caprese, a traditional Capri cake to zeppole, a sweet dough that is flash-fried and sprinkled with sugar to crostata, open-face fruit pies made with apples, lemons and citrus.
Agerola & Furore
Like a town from a storybook, Furore is suspended between the sky and the sea with there are never-ending views wherever you turn. Agerola, another small neighboring town, is known for salumi, mozzarella, Neapolitan pizza and homemade wine. Behind you is the craggy, limestone rock of the Monti Lattari and an infinite expanse of sea before your eyes that slowly changes color and takes on the hues of the sky. Furore is a paese dipinto, a painted village, where artists have used the sides of houses and walls as their canvases and turned Furore into an outdoor art gallery. Many years ago, the famous Italian actress Anna Magnani and film director Roberto Rossellini met here, and fell madly in love, and it remained one of their favorite places over the years.
Amalfi Coast Accommodations
Country B&B or Villa Accommodation with Sea Views
From this position on the Amalfi Coast, there is a spanning view of the Mediterranean sea, endless vineyards and blue blue sky. Step onto the terrace or garden or even from your room, and discover the meaning of sea meets sky. This dreamy Mediterranean atmosphere is filled with lemon and orange trees, vineyards and gardens. Enjoy breakfast outside on the terrace, watch the boats sail by and at dusk, watch the sunset for one of the most beautiful views one can imagine.
The Country B&B with Sea View
Every room is decorated in traditional Amalfi Coast style with modern comforts to ensure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. Each room offers a sea view with comfortable beds and linens, with private ensuite bathrooms. Daily breakfast is included with a complete wholesome breakfast including homemade baked breads, Italian cornetti, cakes, jams, coffee, tea and juices.
The Villa Accommodation with Sea View
The Villa Accommodation offers spacious rooms in Mediterranean style with cool colors and tradition and modern design. Each room offers a sea view and balcony-terrace. Comfortable modern beds and linens with private ensuite baths are included. Daily breakfast is included with a complete wholesome breakfast including homemade baked breads, Italian cornetti, cakes, jams, coffee, tea and juices.
Itinerary ~ 5 Days, 4 Nights
Check in and start your program on any day of the week.
- Pick up and transfer from Naples airport or train station to the property.
- Check in. Relax and refresh.
- Later in the evening, enjoy your Welcome Dinner featuring a full course Chef’s Tasting menu featuring local fare. Wine is not included.
Cooking Class 1 & Market Tour Food Lover’s Tasting Tour
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, tie on your aprons for Cooking Class 1 – featuring the scent of the Amalfi Coast Lemons! Learn how to make lemon-scented antipasto – think fresh mozzarella grilled on lemon leaves, lemon risotto and a Torta Caprese, Capri cake with lemon. Following the class, everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the class with a toast of wine included.
- Meet your driver for your Market Visit & Food Lover’s Tour filled with tastings along the way. In Agerola, meet your English-speaking guide, and together set out on a Food Lover’s Tour with with stops at artisan shops and the market along the way. You will visit local artisans who make limoncello, bread, salumi, prosciutto, and cheese, while learning about the local food culture and traditions. Food tastings included along the way.
- In the evening, enjoy dinner on your own with suggestions provided.
Day Three: Amalfi & Ravello Full Day Excursion & Pizza Making Class 2 & Party
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, meet your driver for an excursion to Amalfi and Ravello.
- Discover Amalfi! The small town of Amalfi, perched on the coastline, is dominated by Amalfi’s Cathedral and its main streets are lined with small artisan shops and elegant bars. Discover the Old World handmade Amalfi paper which this town is so famous for. Explore the narrow cobblestone walkways lined with artisan ceramics, liqueur specialties, lemon soap and limoncello. Enjoy an Amalfi Coast pastry in the famous pastry bakers shop and coffee bar – dating back to the 1800’s. Discover chocolate eggplant layered with pine nuts, liqueur and orange; fragrant ricotta pear tart or candied lemon and orange dipped in melted dark chocolate.
- Following Amalfi, you’ll continue onto Ravello. This quaint town, often called the city between Sea and Sky, is suspended high above the Amalfi Coast, with sweeping views that span the Tyrrhenian Sea. After the tour, return to the property.
- Later in the evening, tie on your apron for a Neapolitan pizza making class and pizza with a pizzaiolo! Have fun and learn how to kneed, roll and toss your pizza dough, then choose your favorite toppings including artisan cheese, vegetables, and salumi. You’ll also prepare a traditional dessert. A toast of wine is included.
Day Four: Vineyard & Cantina Tour & Cooking Class 3 & Wine Pairing
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, visit one of the area’s most important award-winning wine producers, where you’ll learn about the the land, vineyards and the natural way of maturing the grapes that grow on vertical mountain cliffs. Discover and enjoy the tour while learning about the precious white, rose and red wines. You’ll visit the winery and cantina and see how the wine is pressed and bottled. Following the vineyard and cantina tour, tie on your apron for your cooking class 2. Prepare a full course Neapolitan menu including an antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce, main course and dessert. Following the cooking class, everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the class paired with the wines discussed at the winery.
- The rest of your afternoon and evening are free.
- Dinner on your own, suggestions provided.
Day 5: Check Out & Arrivederci
- Check out and arrivederci!!!
- Transfer to Naples Airport or Train Station
Note: This sample itinerary schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saints days; festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the week.
- Five days and four nights accommodations, based on 2 guests. Click to view!
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- Chef’s Welcome Dinner featuring a Chef’s Tasting Menu of traditional fare. Wine not included.
- 3 hands-on cooking classes – two traditional cooking classes preparing an antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce, second course and dessert, and one pizza making class with our favorite pizzaiolo making the dough, adding the pizza toppings and making a dessert. Following each cooking class, everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the cooking class with a toast of wine included. One cooking class following the vineyard and cantina tour where the wines on the tour will be paired with the food that you enjoy after the cooking class.
- Excursion to Amalfi and Ravello with private driver. Stop along the way for fabulous photo opportunities.
- Market trip to Agerola, including a Food Lover’s Tour. Visits to the artisan shops of artisan limoncello, bread, salumi and prosciutto, cheese and ceramics. Food discussions and tastings included along the way.
- Tour the vineyard and cantina (followed by a cooking class as included above) with the wine of the tour paired with your menu.
- Round trip group transfers from Naples Airport or Train station to the property.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco toast and recipe booklet.
$2,395 per person, based on 2 guests in a classic room at the Country B&B.
$2,595 per person, based on classic room in a Villa Accommodation with sea view.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out. 1 transfer per group each way. Wifi is provided complimentary in the sitting area.