Tie on your aprons for a luxury Cooking Vacations Positano adventure with Chefs Filomena, Fortunata and Giuseppe as they lead you through hands-on cooking classes of food, wine, culture and sun-filled days in our Coastal Living Bespoke VIP cooking tour. Join our chefs as they share their Neapolitan recipes making pizza, antipasto, fresh pasta and seasonal sauces, antipasto, fish, meat and desserts, while learning about the healthy foods and the Mediterranean diet. Check into the villa, walk out to your private terrace overlooking Positano, and begin your week of luxury!
Your stay in the villa, which was once the residence of a noble Neapolitan family, echoes times past when this itinerary was once part of the Grand Tour. The majestic property carries on tradition with elegant accommodations. Follow the footsteps in a residence where kings and queens cooked and entertained lavishly – overlooking the sea in sunny Positano!
Cooking Classes Positano – Positano Lemon
The hands-on cooking classes Positano take place in a professional kitchen and include traditional Mediterranean and Neapolitan recipes, antipasto, fresh pasta and seasonal sauces, main course and traditional desserts. Everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the cooking class including the food from the class with wine included with wine included. You will enjoy one cooking class using the scent of the sfusato lemons. Discover the Mediterranean diet and learn classic recipes with farm-to-table ingredients. Think lemon pasta, risotto or gnocchi, fish scented with lemon leaves, delizia al limone and lemon gelato!
Cooking Vacations In Positano
Cooking in the rhythm of the seasons is our philosophy. Spring, summer, to winter and fall, as our gardens change so do our menus. Cooking with the seasonal bounties keeps your body balanced and healthy. Your menu will include: fiori di zucca – Italian squash flowers stuffed with ricotta and basil; arancini – Arborio rice balls, stuffed with cheese, peas, meat (and veggies for the vegetarians in the kitchen) flash-fried to a golden crisp.
Learn how to make focaccia and pizza; fresh pasta and ravioli Caprese – learn how to make pasta dough stuffed with ricotta, pumpkin, eggplant, smoked mozzarella and or mushroom. Learn how to prepare fresh fish, such as orata on lemon leaves and pesce all’acqua pazza – fish in crazy water, with fresh tomato, garlic and parsley. Learn how to make traditional desserts including torta Capreseandtorta di limone. This Cooking Vacations Positano is a one-of-a-kind culinary experience!!!
Discover Positano! Positano is a little Moorish-style village, discovered by American and British troops at the end of World War II. Opening onto the Tyrrhenian Sea, this small town has for years attracted a plethora of renowned artists and writers including the famous writer John Steinbeck. Steinbeck said that ‘Positano bites deep, it’s a dream place’, an opinion shared by many of the town’s modern day visitors. Positano’s narrow winding streets are lined with tiny cafés, terraces, and artisan shops selling ceramics, limoncello, antiques and the distinctive Positano-style handmade clothes.
Walk the cobblestone footpath, the little street that leads down to the beach, lined with local artists selling their crafts. Visit the parish church of Santa Maria Assunta in Piazza Flavio Gioia, a Romanesque structure that was completely rebuilt in 1700. The locals of Positano celebrate the feast day of the church every August 15th, as they carry the statue of Maria Assunta along the beach accompanied by a parade of musicians. A spectacular fireworks display follows under the stars, with boats arriving in hundreds to watch and celebrate from the sea. Stroll the beach and visit the famous L’Incanto Ristorante dotted with straight lines of orange beach chairs and umbrellas or hop on a boat along the coast. Spring, summer and fall months are most colorful in this seaside town, however the off-season months still have a moody, quiet charm all of their own.
The Amalfi Coast
The Amalfi region and the Sorrento Peninsula have attracted travellers, explorers, emperors, artists and poets for centuries. Soft pastel colors, dramatic coastlines, year-round warm climate and hospitable people combine to make the region a heavenly seaside destination. Meet your driver for an excursion to Amalfi and Ravello and discover the cobblestone streets of ancient Ravello. Along the Amalfi Coast enjoy seeing the villages and vineyards that are nestled among the jagged cliffs.
The Villa Azzurra
Villa Azzurra is a luxurious one-of-its-kind villa offering private oversized suites overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea. Set in the heart of Positano, the villa offers not only the best views but the perfect and convenient location. There are 1, 2, and 3-bedroom suites that are each decorated with Mediterranean artwork and style, offering all of the most modern amenities and comforts. Beautiful furniture and comfortable modern bedding with Italian linens is included in each room. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen with dinnerware, glasses, linens and cookware. Cool, pastel ceramic tiles line the floors, a collection of rare art and paintings decorate each suite, and high, vaulted white ceilings give a lofty feel with lots of light. Each suite features modern amenities including a private bathroom, living room, in-room safe, air conditioning and outdoor terrace offering breathtaking sea views. Spacious floor-to-ceiling windows spill out on to the terrace and showcase a panoramic view that spans to Li Galli Islands to the Bay of Salerno. Centuries-old charm and modern accents make you feel like you are living in a dream. The villa offers an unmatched setting of sea and sun making it the most desirable luxury villa on the Amalfi Coast.
Click for Property Photo Gallery
Itinerary ~ 8 Days, 7 Nights
Check in and start your program on any day of the week
Saturday: Benvenuto and Chef’s Tasting Dinner
- Pick-up and transfer from Naples airport or train station to the property.
- Arrival and check-in to your Villa suite and meet the property manager who explains the features of your Suite. Each suite overlooks the sea and has private terrace. Refresh and relax on your private terrace with an aperitivo.
- See your Welcome Bag including your Prosecco welcome and chef’s apron.
- Later in the evening, enjoy our Welcome Dinner featuring local fare with wine. Additional wine, drinks, grappa and an assortment of after dinner digestives are not included.
Sunday: Positano ~ Cooking Class 1
- Cooking Class 1 – Tie on your apron and get cooking! You will be slicing, dicing and cooking along side your Chefs creating an antipasto, fresh pasta and seasonal sauce, a main course and dessert. Everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the class following with local wine included.
- After lunch, enjoy the landscape of Positano and stroll through the cobblestone streets. Walk under pergola and by the Piazza Mulini until you reach the Spiaggia Grande. This once sleepy fishermen’s village is now called the pearl of the Coast.
Monday: Capri, Italy’s Glamorous Seaside Island
- Following breakfast, set sail for Capri for a full-day excursion to discover its landmarks, cuisine, shopping and beauty. Spend the day soaking up the magic of the isola azzurra – blue island – while enjoying a beautiful 30-minute boat ride along the way.
- Capri is Italy’s most popular and well-known seaside island and is just twenty minutes away. Once in the port of Capri, you can choose to take the funicular up to the famous Piazza Umberto. The square, better known as la piazzetta, is perched high above the sea and offers a panoramic view of the Bay of Naples and Ischia. At the main piazza, you will find many designer shops and luxury boutiques, or you can simply sit at a caffé and enjoy a gelato or Prosecco Mimosa.
- You can choose to see the Blue Grotto, the “Eighth Wonder of the World,” or stroll along the port. The Blue Grotto has a special cavern entrance where the sunlight reflects on the water in the cave, turning it a dramatic Mediterranean cerulean shade of blue.
- Visit Anacapri – the Old World village that once captured the hearts of writers, artists and poets is dainty, delicate and quiet. Anacapri, the highest point on the island, virtually carries you back in time. Walk through narrow streets lined with Grecian-style whitewashed villas, ancient churches, and small bookshops. From Anacapri, take the chair lift up to Monte Solaro; pass the castle of Barbarosso, fields of Capri flowers and marvel at a clear blue sky that seems to turn 360 degrees above you.
- Turn your day on Capri into a culinary adventure with your Food Lover’s Tour & Tastings with our English-speaking guide, who will share with you the best addresses on Capri – tastings are included. Walk along the ancient street of the famous Island, tasting and discussing the typical food traditions, like pizza frite, arancini, focaccia, gelato and even a shakerato, little treats made in a big way during the Food Lover’s Tour on Capri. Learn the food history while enjoying this one-of-a-kind tour. Learn about the local fresh pasta, artisan breads, the Torte Caprese and wine. Annarita is the perfect host for this traditional food culture. Following your tour, return to the boat and depart for Positano.
- This full-day excursion departs from Positano port (Marina Grande) in the morning and returns to Positano in the later afternoon. If you have questions for the return meeting point, just ask your Captain. Please be on time for your departure.
- Your evening is free and dinner is on your own with suggestions provided.
Tuesday: Cooking Class 2 & Limoncello and Dessert Making
- Limoncello and Dessert Making Class: This cooking class shows you have to make the famous lemon liqueur, limoncello. Limoncello is the famous drink of the Amalfi Coast, and you too will learn the fragrant and delicious Limoncello. The one-of-a-kind Positano lemons used in making authentic DOP Limoncello blossom and bloom four times per year. We begin the cooking class with an informal discussion on the history behind the lemons and how they made their way on the Amalfi Coast. Learn our secrets of cooking with the Amalfi Coast lemons. Start by peeling the lemons, then see the process transform into this delicious drink. As the lemons bathe in the alcohol watch the clear liquid turn yellow. The liquid must rest untouched for a few days.
- Followed by your Cooking Class 2: Cooking In The Lemon Lifestyle: Learn the little history on the sfusato lemons, a very special variety that only grow on the Amalfi Coast. Our Chefs will lead the way teaching you how to prepare lemon-infused antipasto, fresh handmade lemon pasta, local fish or chicken scented with lemon, and Amalfi lemon cake. Vegetarian and gluten free menus are available.
- Following the cooking class, everyone enjoys the food prepared in the cooking class with wine included.
Wednesday: Visit To Amalfi Coast Visit & Ravello
- Meet your driver and drive along the famed Amalfi Coast headed with a stop at the artisan ceramic maker. Colors, patterns, and old-world ceramics including tabletops made of volcanic rock and unique ceramics owned by a local family.
- The town of Amalfi is rich in culture and history. This small town, perched on the coastline, is dominated by Amalfi’s Cathedral and its main streets are lined with small shops and elegant bars. Merchants display their artisan crafts outside and nothing could be more pleasant than browsing through small herb shops and spices, artisan jewelry, leather shoes, handmade Amalfi paper, and local lemon soap and liqueurs. Enjoy a cappuccino, engage in a little shopping and soak up the Amalfi Coast culture.
- A must stop, is our famous pastry caffé that has been creating handmade dolci since the 1800’s – enjoy local traditional desserts. This famous pastry shop creates one-of-a-kind Amalfi tradtiins, and the famous chocolate and eggplant with pine nuts, liqueur and orange, a ricotta and pear open face pie and creamy gelato.
- Ravello follows. This quaint town, often called the city between Sea and Sky, is suspended high above the coast, with sweeping views that span the Tyrrhenian Sea to the mountains inland. Ravello is hailed the International City of Music and is known for its panoramic view from the gardens of Villa Cimbrone. The town is perched 350 meters over the rocky spur of the Amalfi Coast separating the Valle del Dragone from the Valle del Regina. Today, Ravello is world-famous for its outdoor music concerts. Visit Villa Cimbrone, once the residence of Greta Garbo, wander through the lush gardens and the Terrazza Della Rosa, or stroll down the path that leads to the Terrazzo dell’Infinito, named Terrace of Infinity. The natural balcony at the terrace is adorned with imposing marble busts and a spectacular view for miles. From this unique terrace, you can see the distant Cilento Mountains and the Licosa to the lush Amalfi Coast. The landscape boasts distinctive terraces of colorful lemon trees, and the typical whitewashed houses that cling to the rugged coastline. Stroll along the streets and alleyways and discover little gems of churches, chapels, and noblemen residences. Visit the Cathedral, Villa Rufolo, San Giovanni del Tauro, and Santa Maria!!!
Add-On Our Guide For The Amalfi Food Lover’s Walk and Ravello Landmark Tour
- You may also would like to add on our Amalfi Food Walk & Ravello with English-speaking guide for Amalfi and Ravello. Learn about the local food, history and culture. Stroll to the fish market, cheese artisan and bread. Also included is a stop at one of Amalfi’s most historic pastry, chocolate and gelato maker with tastings included. The highlight of this tour is a stop at a boutique food shop which showcases local and artisan foods including an assortment of cheeses, salumi, bread, pastas, olives, spices and wines, tastings included. Your guide will explain the different foods and how they are used in cooking. Next stop the limoncello maker with Amalfi Coast sfumato limone with tastings. We continue through Amalfi and end with a visit to the most famous pastry shop with tastings.
- After your visit to Amalfi, your tour with guide continues to Ravello. In Ravello, discover Villa Rufolo or Villa Cimbrone and the Terrazza dell’Infinito. Stroll through Medieval Gardens, piazzas, pathways and ancient landmarks while learning about the invaders, kings and queens, writers and famous people who lived here. End in the piazza with a toast of Prosecco. A 3-hour tour with English speaking, tastings are included. (Guide’s fee is extra, please reserve in advance. *Entrance fees to museums are not included and must be purchased on site by each guest).
- Return to Positano in the afternoon.
- Evening is free and dinner is on your own.
Thursday: Cooking Class 3 & Olive Oil Tasting
- Cooking Class 3: Tie on your apron and get ready for your third hands-on cooking class. Alongside the chefs, create a traditional antipasto, fresh pasta making and seasonal sauces, a main course and dessert. Lunch or dinner follows on the foods prepared in class with wine included.
- Olive Oil Tasting. Join us for a tasting of our locally produced extra virgin olive oil. Cooking Vacations makes our own first-cold pressed extra virgin olive oil from healthy olives that have been tended and cared for all summer long. We use only the first cold press virgin olive oil. It means that the oil we bottle is pressed only one time giving it a clean fresh taste. Virgin means it is pure and not mixed with anything else. It is DOP-Denominazione di Origine Protetta, ‘origin protected’ domain of production-and “made on site in Italy.” Grown under the warm Mediterranean sun, in rich volcanic soil, and with salt sea winds, our olives make perfect olive oil. We respect the old world process of picking just at the right time, just in October and not too late in the season. Always organic. Our olive oil it is made without chemicals or preservatives, we promise. The informal tasting provides a bit of insight into tasting, buying and using olive oil.
Friday: Gourmet Wine Pairing Dinner
- Take the day to soak up your last precious moments on the Amalfi Coast. Venture to Sorrento, or simply enjoy a beach day or last minute shopping.
- In the evening, enjoy a Gourmet Wine Pairing Dinner including a full course menu of local fare with wine pairing included. Additional wine are beverages at a surcharge.
- Departure and transfer to the Naples Airport or Train Station.
- Ciao e a presto!
*Note: This sample itinerary schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saint days; festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the week. Please note that museum tickets are not included in program price.
- 8 days and 7 nights in a luxury villa. Click To View!
- Welcome Dinner with a Chef’s Tasting menu featuring local fare with wine included. Additional wine, beverages, after-dinner liqueurs and caffè not included.
- 3 hands-on cooking classes followed by lunch or dinner including the food that was prepared in the cooking class with wine included.
- 1 Limoncello and dessert making class with discussion and tastings to follow.
- Olive Oil Tasting with informal discussion and tastings included.
- Excursion to Amalfi and Ravello with your driver. An English-speaking guide is available upon request.
- Full day excursion to Capri with our Food Lover’s Tour and our English-speaking guide who is a food lover and professional art historian. Tastings included.
- Gourmet Wine Pairing Dinner including a four-course dinner featuring local fair paired with wine included. Additional wine, beverages, after-dinner liqueurs and caffè not included.
- Round trip group transfers from Naples Airport or Naples Train station to Positano.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef apron, Prosecco and recipe booklet.
$3,995 in luxury private villa with sea view overlooking Positano! Pricing starting at.
Click Here To View B&B, 3, 4 and 5 Star Accommodation Options, Property Photos and Pricing
2023 Dates: This program is available throughout the year. Check in is on Saturday, but you may check in and start your cooking program any day of the week. If you check in on any other day besides Saturday, you simply start your program on that day and pick up that day’s activities. You will have all your activities included. This program is available 12 months per year. Rates are subject to change based on currency exchange. Call for updated rates. Airfare not included. Group transfers for any cooking tour or tours that include transfers, are for the group and are not private. Transfers before, after or to another destination outside of your cooking tour are not included in the program price. If you would like to add on a private transfer or transfers, let us know and we will send you pricing.
ROUND TRIP TRANSFERS
*Round trip group transfers from Naples Airport/Train to Positano and from Positano to Naples Airport or Train Station are included in your program. 1 transfer per group each way.
ARRIVAL-Arrival transfers from Naples Airport going to Positano are at scheduled 1:00pm and and from Naples train station to Positano at 3:00pm, in consideration of international arrivals. Departures leave promptly at the scheduled time. If you cannot make the scheduled group transfer time, a special transfer can be reserved for you, please call for pricing.
DEPARTURE-Departure from the property in Positano to Naples Airport or Train Station are at 4am and 10am (in heavy traffic conditions, departures may start 30 minutes prior). 10am is the official property check out time on the morning of your departure. If you would like a private transfer, please call for pricing.
City taxes, which vary, are not included and must be paid by each guest on site at the time of check out. Please call us if you have any questions.
*Even though Positano has many stairs throughout, our properties are located with minimum stairs. Going to the beach offers handicap access. People who do not like to walk or have health problems are advised to read up on the landscape of Positano. We suggest walking shoes, sun block, and a hat for Capri and Pompeii.