Join Executive Chef Eugenio in Rome for exclusive cooking classes in his professional Roman kitchen. Learn the tastes and traditions with Italy’s most colorful and acclaimed chef, known as one who loves to cook and to eat, in the heart of Rome. Your fun filled day starts off with an early morning visit to the colorful outside marketplace in Rome. Chef Eugenio personally picks you up at your hotel for this exclusive visit then brings you to the kitchen for your cooking class.
Chef Eugenio’s family, originally from outside of Naples, immigrated to the Eternal City in the early 1900s. Though still very connected with his countryside roots, Chef Eugenio is 100% Roman and allows no exceptions in his kitchen. Learn how to cook without recipes, timers, measuring cups and scales, but with the smells, instinct, and technique that only Chef Eugenio has gained after years of experience. He cooks with his eyes, like most Italian chefs, using his senses and know how.
His philosophy is ‘to experience the action in the kitchen,…look, try, and learn, and not focus on the steps in a recipe.’ In fact he does not use recipes, as he works the kitchen turning out antipasti, pasta, main courses and pizza. In this unique cooking class, he will teach you his philosophy of cooking, tricks of the kitchen, along with passion and love for food. Chef Eugenio loves to eat too! Following each cooking class everyone enjoys the delicious foods that were prepared in class at the Roman table!
Chef Eugenio’s unique cooking style includes demonstration, some hands-on and his up close attention in the kitchen. A recipe book is included with compilation of Eugenio’s creations; recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
Rome’s fresh-produce markets are treasured reminders of a more traditional way of life. There’s generally a dazzling array of fresh fruit and vegetables, often meat and fish stalls, the usual delicatessen fare and sometimes stalls selling clothing, shoes or bric-a-brac.
Visit rows of stands selling prized vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, and cheese and see the bustling market that is the heart of Italian daily life. Chef Eugenio leads the way past baskets piled high with fruits, vegetable, fish, meat and cheese. He knows just where to go for the freshest and best ingredients. Shop with the Chef and learn about the regional products along with food notes on Rome’s past. After the market visit, Chef Eugenio, brings you to the kitchen for a full course Roman cooking class. Chef Eugenio hails Italy as the “the great kitchen” and each morning class starts with a welcome and introduction with the Chef, before you head into the kitchen to get cooking!
- Your chef will pick you up at 09:00am from your hotel. Your morning starts off with a one-hour tour of Rome’s historic and colorful Testaccio marketplace.
- Following the market tour, return to the kitchen for your Roman cooking class including live demonstration-style preparation of two “first dishes” and two “second dishes” requested by the guests.
- Lunch follows on the foods prepared in class. Wine and beverages not included.
- A recipe book with compilation of Eugenio’s creations; recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
$315 per person, based on based on minimum of 2 people, including all taxes and Italian VAT. Market Tour pick up included at 9am from your hotel, cooking class follows.
$80 Single Supplement added if you are the only person in the cooking class.
* Please note: One-day cooking classes do not include transportation, accommodations, or any other excursions. If you would like to add on transfers to and from your hotel or cruise ship port ~ please let us know your group size and we will be happy to provide a price and reserve the transfer(s) for you. If you have a non-cooker who would like dine, but not cook, please let us know and we will also send you pricing.
If you would like to add on transfers to and from your hotel or cruise ship port ~ please let us know your group size and we will be happy to reserve transfers for you. (Extra cost).