Join Executive Chef Eugenio for Rome cooking classes and Testaccio Market tour in his professional Roman kitchen. Learn the tastes and traditions with Italy’s most colorful and acclaimed chef, known as one who loves to cook and to eat, in the heart of Rome. Your fun filled Rome cooking school day starts off with an early morning visit to the colorful outside marketplace in Rome. Chef Eugenio meets you at the Testaccio Market meeting point for this exclusive visit. Following the market tour, return to the kitchen and tie on your apron for a Roman experience cooking, dining and learning!
Chef Eugenio’s family, originally from outside of Naples, immigrated to the Eternal City in the early 1900s. Though still very connected with his countryside roots, Chef Eugenio is 100% Roman and allows no exceptions in his kitchen. Learn how to cook without recipes, timers, measuring cups and scales, but with the smells, instinct, and technique that only Chef Eugenio has gained after years of experience. He cooks with his eyes, like most Italian chefs, using his senses and know how. Our Rome cooking class and Testaccio Market tour experience will have you cooking like a Roman!!!
His philosophy is ‘to experience the action in the kitchen – look, try, and learn.’ In fact he does not use recipes, (recipes are provided) as he works the kitchen turning out antipasti, pasta, main courses and pizza. In this authentic cooking class, he will teach you his philosophy of cooking, tricks of the kitchen, along with passion and love for food. Chef Eugenio loves to eat too! Following each cooking class everyone enjoys the delicious foods that were prepared in class at the Roman table!
Chef Eugenio’s unique cooking style includes demonstration and hands-on cooking and his up close attention in the kitchen. A recipe book is included with compilation of Chef Eugenio’s creations; recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
Rome’s fresh-produce markets are treasured reminders of a more traditional way of life. There’s generally a dazzling array of fresh fruit and vegetables, often meat and fish stalls, the usual delicatessen fare and sometimes stalls selling clothing, shoes or bric-a-brac.
Visit rows of stands selling prized vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, and cheese and see the bustling market that is the heart of Italian daily life. Chef Eugenio leads the way past baskets piled high with fruits, vegetable, fish, meat and cheese. He knows just where to go for the freshest and best ingredients. Shop with the Chef and learn about the regional products along with food notes on Rome’s past. After the market visit, Chef Eugenio, brings you to the kitchen for a full course Roman cooking class. Chef Eugenio hails Italy as the “the great kitchen” and each morning class starts with a welcome and introduction with the Chef, before you head into the kitchen to get cooking!
- Meet our chef at the Testaccio Market for an early morning tour in Rome’s historic market. Discover the market and learn how to select various fruits, vegetables and produce based on the seasons.
- Following the market tour, return to the kitchen for your Roman cooking class where you will prepare two first courses and two second courses.
- Lunch follows on the foods prepared in class. Wine and beverages not included.
- A recipe book with compilation of Chef Eugenio’s creations; recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
$325 per person, based on based on 2 guests, Market Tour pick up included at 9am from your hotel, cooking class follows.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
* Please note: One-day cooking classes do not include transportation, accommodations, or any other excursions. If you would like to add on transfers to and from your hotel or cruise ship port ~ please let us know your group size and we will be happy to provide a price and reserve the transfer(s) for you. If you have a non-cooker who would like dine, but not cook, please let us know and we will also send you pricing.
If you would like to add on transfers to and from your hotel or cruise ship port ~ please let us know your group size and we will be happy to reserve transfers for you. (Extra cost).