Tie on our apron and join us in Emilia Romagna where you will learn the secrets of local cooking and the story of local artisans, farmers and wine makers who have been carrying on the traditions of their food trade. Stay at a gorgeous property, cook like a local and soak up the culture of this beautiful region.
You’ll be steeped in tradition with delicious Parmigiano Reggiano, balsamic vinegar and prosciutto di Parma. Learn the art of creating delicate tortellini, pasta fresca, Bolognese and lasagne, while sipping and swirling Lambrusco and Sangiovese mad by our family artisans.
The estate property is located in Parma’s countryside. Although just a few moments away from historic town, it seems like a world away. The property was once the summer country home of an ancient noble family, and has now been completely renovated respecting the historic past while adding thoughtful and luxurious modern amenities to keep you comfortable and relaxed during your stay. The green gardens are filled climbing roses and endless flowers, along with an inviting swimming pool. It’s the perfect place to relax in a peaceful country setting.
Every room is large, bright and furnished with hand-embroidered curtains, comfortable beds, fine linens and a palate of soft colors. Private ensuite bathrooms are decorated with beautiful natural stone and furnished with boutique soaps and shampoos. Each room offers air conditioning, underfloor heating, wifi, satellite flat screen televisions and hair dryers.
Enjoy a rich international breakfast each morning created by our chef which includes: homemade breads, brioches, granola, croissants, tarts and crepes. There are also hams and salumi, yogurt, farm butter, omelettes, eggs, coffee, tea, fruits and juices. Our chef uses organic products – keeping everyone sound and healthy.
Countryside Cooking With Chef Signora
Our Chef, Signora welcomes everyone with a glass of wine and a warm smile. Hands-on and brilliant in the kitchen, she takes each guest under her wing and works accordingly to your level. The daughter of a private chef, she honed her skills through her years of hard work in the kitchen at a historic trattoria in Parma. Most of all, she inherited her passion for cooking from her mother and grandmother – and she shares her knowledge and care for cooking with each guest.
Signora’s hands-on cooking classes include the preparation of an antipasto, first course, second course and dessert. After our cooking class, everyone enjoys the foods that were prepared in the cooking class together at the table with wine included. Each menu varies and is based on the fruits, vegetables and produce of the season with classics such as erbazzone, a savory pie stuffed with beet tops.
tortelli, anolini in broth, tagliatelle, gnocchi, and Bolognese sauce – to name a few. Dessert is always included with traditional sweets such as sbrisolona a tart or semi-freddo and, torta tenerina.
Learn the secrets of local artisans, farmers and ranchers employing techniques developed and refined through the centuries on an unforgettable odyssey through the heartland of Italian gastronomy.
During your stay you will experience a gastronomic tour through the Valle del Gusto, the food valley, where you will learn the story of prosciutto, Parmigiano and aged balsamico from local artisans who have perfected centuries-old recipes. Your knowledgeable guide will take you to local farms and producers in the rolling hills of Parma where you’ll enjoy tastings along the way. Following your tour, we stop for lunch which is included. Following your tour, you will return to the property. We offer dining suggestions.
Discover Parma, the city of art, music and culinary delights. Tour the National Gallery with its stunning collection of medieval and Renaissance paintings or the Teatro Farnese. Parma is also is renowned an intellectual center – with a university that is one of the oldest in the world. Parma is also know for its music, with composer Giuseppe Verdi, who was born near Busseto, along with conductor, Arturo Toscanini. You may even be able to attend a concert, if in season.
During your stay, opt to explore some of the most prestigious castles in all of Italy, including Fontanellato, Soragna and Torrechiara. Visit the Magnani Rocca Foundation, home to the stunning personal trove of renowned art collector Luigi Magnani. This collection includes works by Carpaccio, Dürer, Titian, Rubens, Van Dyck, Goya, Monet, Renoir, Cézanne, Morandi and Burri, as well as sculptures by Canova and Bartolini.
Itinerary ~ 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival and Benvenuto!
- Arrive and relax. Stroll the garden, take a swim in the pool or enjoy a glass of wine.
- Welcome dinner which includes a Chef’s Tasting dinner. Wine is not included and available at the property.
Day Two ~ Food Tour ~Parmigiana, Prosciutto & Balsamico
- Breakfast is served.
- Your Food Lover’s Tour including a visit to an artisan producer of prosciutto, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and aged balsamico with tastings included. Driver and English-guide are included. Lunch is included after the tours.
- Dinner is on your own. Suggestions available.
Day Three~ Cooking Class 1 & Guided Tour of Parma
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, head to the kitchen for your first cooking class. Learn the secrets of Emilia Romagna cooking while preparing an antipasto, fresh pasta, main course and dessert. Lunch follows and includes the foods that were prepared in the cooking class with wine included.
- In the afternoon, meet your English – speaking guide for a guided tour of Parma. Explore the National Gallery, the Teatro Farnese, art galleries and some of the most beautiful and best preserved palazzi, landmarks and food shops in Parma. Round trip transfers with our driver, English – speaking guide and food tastings included. Museum entrance fees, if you opt to enter, are not included.
- Dinner is on your own. Suggestions available
Day Four~ Cooking Class 2
- Breakfast is served.
- Tie on our apron for your second cooking class of Emilia Romagna cooking including an antipasto, fresh pasta, main course and dessert. Lunch follows and includes the foods that were prepared in the cooking class with wine included.
- Check out and departure. Ciao!
- 4 days, 3 nights accommodations, based 2 guests
- Daily breakfast and maid service
- Chef’s Tasting Welcome Dinner. Wine not included.
- 2 hands-on cooking classes preparing a full course fare. Lunch follows and includes the food that was prepared in the cooking class. Wine included. Additional wine & beverages available and payable directly to your Chef.
- 1 half-day tour of Parma, with our driver & English-speaking guide. Lunch included.
- 1 full-day Tour visiting artisan Parmigiano, Prosciutto and aged balsamic vinegar producers with tastings. Driver, English-speaking guide and tastings included.
- Cooking Vacations’ welcome bag with chef’s apron and recipe book.
$1,995 per person, based on 2 guests.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
*Transfers to and from Parma Train Station are available on request.
2021 Dates: This program is available throughout the year. Check in and start your cooking program any day of the week. This program is available 12 months per year. Rates are subject to change based on currency exchange. Call for updated rates. Airfare not included. Group transfers for any cooking tour or tours that include transfers, are for the group and are not private. Transfers before, after or to another destination outside of your cooking tour are not included in the program price. If you would like to add on a private transfer or transfers, let us know and we will send you pricing.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out.