Tie on your apron with chef Mariana for hands-on cooking classes on the island of Procida. Set in the Bay of Naples, this magical island is dotted with pastel houses, small beaches and delicious local cuisine. Procida is one of the three Phlegraean Islands – an archipelago between Capo Miseno and Ischia – that include Vivara and Nisida.
Step into Chef Mariana’s kitchen and learn technique and cooking secrets including local ingredients that is steeped in tradition and the Old World way of life. You’ll prepare antipasto, fresh pasta and seasonal sauces, locally caught fish, as well as meat and rabbit, pizza and dessert. Our chef uses local seasonal ingredients and family recipes based on the healthy Mediterranean diet. During your week, you’ll be immersed in the slow-paced life of times past, while soaking up the culture and sipping the wine of Campania. Discover Procida and Ischia excursions – Procida landscape! There are also fun artisan foods and landmark visits which make this experience – an experience for any food lover at heart!!!
Cooking Classes On Procida
Three hands-on cooking classes on Procida including an antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce, main course and dessert are included with lunch or dinner following and accompanied by a glass of local red or white wine.
Learn how to prepare stuffed squash flowers and peppers. Pastas are endless with favorites such as ravioligarnished with Vesuvius tomato sauce and pungent basil or Paccheri with calamari and olives and seafood risotto. Although the island is noted for its fish, such as Rombo and Saint Peter’s fish with lemon, there’s also wild rabbit too. Vegetables are plentiful – think stuffed eggplant, zucchini and mint along with zucca, pumpkin, and rosemary. Desserts are delicious; you will be making, crostata, fruit pie, and torta Caprese, almond cake, along with limoncello and jams.
Chef Marianna learned the secrets of Italian cooking from her grandmother using only seasonal farm-to-table produce and fresh fish from the sea. You will experience Procida’s cooking style paired with the Falanghina, Fiano, Biancolella white wine and Piedirosso, Aglianico and Taurasi red wine of Campania. Buon appetito!!!
A Note On Procida
Procida is a small, picturesque volcanic island just off the coast of Naples in Campania in southern Italy. Visitors are attracted to the island’s unique charm, beautiful vistas and historic sites. It is a quintessential Mediterranean paradise. During your cooking program, visit Terra Murata, a fortified Medieval town perched on a hill. Discover Palazzo D’Avalos and the Abbazi a di son Michelle, an 11th century Benedictine Abbey. There’s also the main square near the port filled with caffès, art galleries, restaurants and artisan ceramic makers. Procida, voted Capital of Culture in Italy award, is a pastel land of traditional food, people and culture.
If you are a film buff, you will appreciate the many notable films that were shot here including: Il Postino and The Talented Mr. Ripley. A well-known quote from Pablo Neruda was used in Il Postino Procida. Procida is also the literary setting for L’Isola di Arturo, Arturo’s Island, written by Elsa Morante. During your stay, discover Ischia, just minutes away, Capri or the city of Naples.
A Note On Ischia
Ischia’s history is as rich and as varied as its climate and natural properties. Its story began with the Greeks, who settled the island in the eighth century B.C. Visit the Ischia Giardini, La Mortella, Castello Aragonese, Monte Epomeo and Sant Angelo. Ischia is also known for its parks and natural beauty.
A Note On Naples
Romantic historic Naples is the largest city in southern Italy. It is often referred to as an open-air museum due to its many historic sites and monuments. Naples is also a quintessential destination for dining, shopping and promenading along the Bay of Naples. Visit Pompeii, Herculaneum, destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D., and the Museo Archeologica Nationale. Revel in the art and architecture of Museo Cappella Sanserva, built in the 1500’s. Bella Napoli, a food lover’s haven, is the heart of Campania.
The gorgeous island accommodation is a short minute walk from the beach, so it’s ideal for taking a swim, relaxing with a book or sipping a wine by the beautiful Tyrrhenian Sea. Rooms are spacious, bright offering comfortable beds and linens. There is also a wellness centre with a spa and hot tub in front of the sea, and indulge yourself with any of the natural beauty and wellness offerings that are available. Every room includes a private ensuite bath, TV, toiletries and a hairdryer. Daily breakfast, including traditional Italian pastries, cakes, fruit, cereal and jam with coffee and tea are included. Daily maid service is also included.
Itinerary Procida~ 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day 1: Arrival
- You will be welcomed to the property and the cooking and tour week with a Cooking Vacations welcome bag including a chef’s apron and a recipe book.
- Welcome Prosecco toast and a personal introduction to the week’s festivities.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner featuring a Chef’s Tasting Dinner with a sampling of traditional antipasto, pasta, main course and dessert with a toast of wine included.
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, tie on your apron for your hands-on cooking class preparing antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce with dessert. Lunch follows and includes the food that was prepared in the class with a toast of wine included.
- The rest of your day is free to discover the streets of this Procida and visit the Terra Murata, the fortified Medieval town perched on a hill, the Palazzo D’Avalos or the Abbazi di son Michelle, an 11th century Benedictine Abbey
- Also visit Il Postino, the famous film telling the story of Pablo Neruda, was filmed!
- Dinner on your own, suggestions provided.
- After breakfast, take a trip to romantic Naples, the largest city in Southern Italy with lots to do and see! Visit its historic sites and monuments, stroll its streets and promenade along the Bay of Naples. Take advantage of the exceptional dining and shopping. Also, view finds from Pompeii Herculaneum destroyed by Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. at the Museo Archeologico Nazionale, or visit Museo Cappella Sansevero built in the 1500’s. Enjoy your day!
- Following your day, tie on your apron for your hands-on cooking class preparing antipasto, fresh pasta and sauce with dessert. Dinner follows and includes the food that was prepared in the class with a toast of wine included.
- Breakfast is served
- After breakfast, departure.
- Transfer to the port of Procida.
- 4 days and 3 nights based on 2 guests in a 3 star hotel accommodation.
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- 2 hands-on cooking classes with lunch or dinner following including the food that was made in the cooking class with a toast of wine included.
- Welcome Dinner featuring a Chef’s Tasting Dinner with a sampling of traditional antipasto, pasta, main course and dessert with a toast of wine included.
- Round trip transfers from the port to the property.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco and recipe book.
$2,395 per person, based on 2 guests.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.