Join Chef Eugenio for hands-on cooking and culture in Rome. No visit to Italy would be complete without a stop in the Eternal City- with the Colosseum, the Vatican and Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, and the spectacular piazza Navona with its flowing fountains. Take time to step into the kitchen during your visit, and see the city’s culinary heart.
Join Executive Chef Eugenio for exclusive cooking classes in his professional Roman kitchen. Learn the tastes and traditions with Italy’s most colorful and acclaimed chef, known as one who loves to cook and to eat, in the heart of Rome.
Chef Eugenio’s family, originally from outside of Naples, immigrated to the Eternal City in the early 1900s. Though still very connected with his countryside roots, Chef Eugenio is 100% Roman and allows no exceptions in his kitchen. Learn how to cook without recipes, timers, measuring cups and scales, but with the smells, instinct, and technique that only Chef Eugenio has gained after years of experience. He cooks with his eyes, like most Italian chefs, using his senses and know how.
His philosophy is ‘to experience the action in the kitchen,…look, try, and learn, and not focus on the steps in a recipe.’ In fact he does not use recipes, as he works the kitchen turning out antipasti, pasta, main courses and pizza. In this unique cooking class, he will teach you his philosophy of cooking, tricks of the kitchen, along with passion and love for food. Chef Eugenio loves to eat too! Following each cooking class everyone enjoys the delicious foods that were prepared in class at the Roman table!
Your program includes your choice of Pasta Making, Pizza Making or Traditional Menu cooking class with Chef Eugenio. Choose a pasta class and mix, blend, knead, twist, and roll a variety of fresh pastas. Not only will you learn how to make pasta, but you will learn the history and technique too. Sauces vary on the season and pasta type! The Pizza making class brings you up close with our Pizzaiolo showing you how to mix, knead for a true Italian pizza. Learn the technique of dough making, rolling & driving the dough for the perfect pizza. Then slice into your Roman style pizza garnished with your choice of tomatoes, assorted cheese, grilled vegetables, salumi, ham or more! Or, choose the Traditional Menu and see how Chef Eugenio takes farm fresh ingredients and turns them into a Roman feast. Chef Eugenio’s unique cooking style includes demonstration, some hands-on and his up close attention in the kitchen. Included is the preparation of an appetizer, first course and second course.
A recipe book is included with compilation of Eugenio’s creations; recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
Our charming jewel-box 3-Star hotel located between the 18th-century Spanish Steps and the famed Via Veneto. The conveniently located hotel has been newly renovated, while preserving its old world charm. Privately owned, clean, bright, the Hotel has a professional staff to help you with all your questions while staying in the Eternal City.
The property has welcomed travelers since the days of the Grand Tour, and was a favorite with the famous Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen. The archeological treasures on display in the spacious hall, the furniture, the antique paintings, and the 18th-century entryway are all part of the priceless décor, and will give you the impression that you are lost in time, in an enchanted world. Staff cater to their guests’ every need with a winning combination of welcoming warmth and high professional standards. Elegantly furnished rooms, a reading room near the bar and a rooftop offering a spectacular view of the historical city, make this home-away-from-home a haven of relaxation in bustling Rome. Each room offers a private bathroom, air conditioning/heat, minibar, Satellite TV, hair dryer & Wi-Fi internet.
Our welcoming 4-Star hotel is located between the 18th-century Spanish Steps and Piazza Del Popolo. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Rome, with its atmospheric streets full of history and surrounded by the most elegant shops, making it the perfect haven after a day of sightseeing or shopping. Here, the owners have succeeded in perfectly blending the timeless style of the old Fellini films with modern-day comfort. An intimate atmosphere, refined in every detail, combines the warmth of wood and gold in a contemporary and sophisticated design. Rooms are all different, each with its own exclusive details, with mirrors harking back to the old Parisian styles, and designed to offer guests maximum comfort. Each room offers a private bathroom, air conditioning/heat, minibar, personal safe, Satellite TV, hair dryer & Wi-Fi internet. Enjoy a drink at the hotel’s piano bar, or treat yourself to a bite at its restaurant and pizzeria.
Itinerary ~ 3 days, 2 nights
Day 1: Arrival & Explore Rome
- Arrival and check in, freshen up and relax.
- When ready, we suggest a self-guided exploration through the neighborhood. Visit Bernini’s Fountain of Triton and Fountain of Bees, the Spanish Steps, and Borromini’s church masterpiece: San Carlo alle Quattro Fountain. Directions and maps to these easy-to-find attractions are available at the front desk.
- Suggestion: stop for lunch at one of the local trattorias in the environs by the Spanish Steps, minutes from the hotel.
After lunch visit the designer stores on Via Condotti, taking a break at the 18th century Antico Caffe Greco. Watch the sun set over the Vatican from the top of the Spanish Steps.
- Evening free and dinner on your own.
Day 2: Cooking Class With Chef Eugenio
- Breakfast is served.
- Meet Chef Eugenio in the kitchen for your hands-on Cooking Class featuring either pasta-making or pizza-making or a live demonstration-style traditional menu. Lunch follows and everyone enjoys the dishes prepared in class. Wine and drinks not included.
- In the afternoon: Self-guided tour, walking through the heart of Old Rome: highlights include the Pantheon, San Luigi dei Francesi church (featuring Caravaggio masterpieces), Piazza Navona, the Via Giulia, and Palazzo Farnese. Visit the Trevi Fountain. Throw in a coin to ensure your return to Rome!
- Dinner on your own. Suggestions provided at the hotel.
Day 3: Departure & Arrivederci!
- Breakfast is served.
- Departure & Arrivederci Roma! (until you return…)
*Note: This schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saint days or festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the program.
- 3 days, 2 nights in a 3* Superior accommodations, double room with private bathroom, based on double occupancy. ***The Superior Room, with more space, a balcony and sweeping view of Rome is available at a surcharge.
- Daily breakfast.
- Choice of (1) Pizza Making, Pasta Making or Traditional cooking class starting at 10am with lunch following including the foods that were prepared in class. Wine/beverages not included.
- Maps for self-guided walking tours of Rome.
- Recipe book with compilation of Eugenio’s creations; recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
$725 per person in 3 Star Accommodations, based on double occupancy.
$150 Single Supplement in 3 Star.
$825 per person in 4 Star Accommodations, based on double occupancy.
$460 Single Supplement in 4 Star.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
Transfers from Airport or Train Station
*110 Euros – Transfers to/from Rome Airport (Fiumicino or Ciampino) to Rome Hotel each way, based on 1-3 guests.
*85 Euros – Transfers to/from Rome Train Station to Rome Hotel , based on 1-3 guests.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out.