Tie on your apron and let’s get cooking in Rome with Chef Eugenio in his private kitchen. Not only will you discover the Eternal City’s culture and history, but you’ll discover the Colosseum, Vatican, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, Piazza Navona along with cuisine of a city that’s over two thousand years old. Join our pasta making cooking class, pizza making class and traditional Roman cooking class while learning cooking technique and baking tips all along the way. And, if you are traveling with you family and children, we also offer family cooking classes too.
Rome Cooking Classes
Chef Eugenio welcomes each guest to his kitchen and together you will prepare traditional Roman classics from antipasto to fresh pasta and sauces, main courses and desserts.
Chef Eugenio’s family was originally from Naples and immigrated to Rome in the early 1900s. Though still very connected with his Neapolitan roots, he is 100% Roman! Learn how to prepare and cook without recipes, timers, measuring cups and scales, but with instinct, and technique that only Chef Eugenio has gained after years of experience in the kitchen. He cooks with his eyes, like most Italian chefs, making each recipe a delicious work of art. His philosophy, ‘experience the process in the kitchen hands-on.’
Select from pasta making, pizza making or the traditional menu The pasta cooking class includes mixing the dough to rolling it out. Learn how to make lasagne, ravioli and gnocchi with seasonal sauces. You’ll also learn the history and technique of ancient Roman pasta and recipes.
If you love pizza, the pizza making has guests mixing, rolling, then baking in a brick-oven with the official pizzaiolo, pizza chef. Top our pizza fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled vegetables, salumi, ham or olives or artichokes!
In the traditional cooking class, you will create a full course menu featuring Roman fare with delicious stuffed artichokes and eggplant, carbonara – pasta served in a sauce with crispy guanciale (cured pork cheeks), tangy pecorino Romano cheese and eggs; gricia – carbonara without eggs; amatriciana pasta with tomatoes and cream; cacio e pepe, pasta served in a creamy pecorino and spicy black pepper sauce and coda alla vaccinara, oxtail stew cooked in tomatoes and wine with cloves, black pepper, pine nuts, raisins. Roman desserts are always delightful and include crostata ricotta e visciole, an open pie filled with a cherry filling, tiramisu, and creamy gelato.
Chef Eugenio’s unique cooking style includes demonstration and hands-on along with tips and technique that will have you cooking like a Roman! A recipe book is included with compilation of Eugenio’s creations, and recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
Our charming 3-star deluxe hotel is set between the 18th-century Spanish Steps and the beautiful Via Veneto. It has been been newly renovated, while preserving its old world charm offering elegant rooms, charming decor and the perfect location in the heart of Rome. The hotel is privately owned and has a professional staff to help you with any questions during your stay. The hotel is bright, white and clean with archeological treasures on display in the spacious hall. Elegantly furnished rooms, a reading room near the bar and a rooftop deck offering a spectacular view of Rome, make this home-away-from-home a haven of relaxation in bustling Rome. Each room offers a private ensuite bathroom, air conditioning/heat, minibar, Satellite TV, hair dryer & Wi-Fi internet.
Our welcoming 4-Star hotel is located between the 18th-century Spanish Steps and Piazza Del Popolo. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Rome, with its atmospheric streets full of history and surrounded by the most elegant shops, making it the perfect haven after a day of sightseeing or shopping. Here, the owners have succeeded in perfectly blending the timeless style of the old Fellini films with modern-day comfort. An intimate atmosphere, refined in every detail, combines the warmth of wood and gold in a contemporary and sophisticated design. Rooms are unique – each one with private ensuite bathrooms, air conditioning/heat, minibar, personal safe, satellite TV, hair dryer & wi-fi internet. Enjoy an aperitivo at the hotel’s piano bar or dine in the restaurant.
Itinerary ~ 3 days, 2 nights
Day 1: Arrival & Explore Rome
- Arrival and check in. A Cooking Vacations’ welcome bag is waiting for you with Prosecco and chef’s apron.
- In the evening, a Chef’s tasting dinner featuring a full course Roman fare. Wine not included.
Day 2: Market Tour, Cooking Class With Chef Eugenio
& Walking Tour of Rome with English-Speaking Guide
- Breakfast is served.
- Meet Chef Eugenio at the Testaccio Market for a morning visit to the famous outdoor market brimming with fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, cheese and wine. During your tour, learn about Roman history, food culture and local recipes. Following the market tour, head to the kitchen for your hands-on cooking class. In the kitchen, prepare a full course Roman menu with antipasto, fresh pasta, main course and dessert. Lunch follows and includes the food that was prepared in the cooking class with a toast of local red or white wine.
- In the afternoon, meet your English- speaking guide for a walking tour in Rome: highlights include the Pantheon, San Luigi dei Francesi church (featuring Caravaggio masterpieces), Piazza Navona, the Via Giulia, and Palazzo Farnese. Visit the Trevi Fountain. Throw in a coin and make a wish that you will return to Rome!
- Dinner on your own. Our favorite Roman restaurant list suggestions provided.
Day 3: Departure & Arrivederci!
- Breakfast is served.
- Departure & Ciao Roma!
*Note: This schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saint days or festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the program.
- 3 days, and 2 nights in a 3 star deluxe property or 4 star luxury property in the heart of Rome.
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- Chef’s Welcome tasting dinner featuring Roman fare. Wine not included available at a surcharge.
- Chef’s Market Tour and Traditional Romam cooking class. Following the cooking class everyone enjoys the foods that were prepared in the class with a toast of local red or white wine.
- Walking Tour of Rome with English-speaking guide discovering the Pantheon, San Luigi dei Francesi church – featuring Caravaggio masterpieces, Piazza Navona, the Via Giulia, and Palazzo Farnese. Visit the Trevi Fountain.
- Recipe book. Recipes may vary depending on the seasons, so we encourage each guest to bring a notebook and camera into the kitchen.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef’s apron and Prosecco.
$1,195 per person in 3 star deluxe accommodations, based on 2 guests.
$1,395 per person in 4 star luxury accommodations, based on 2 guests.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.
Transfers to and from Rome Airport or Train Station are available upon request and prices vary according to the size of your group.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out.