Sun-ripened cherry tomatoes, delicious mozzarella, creamy gelatos, hot beaches and hands-on cooking classes in our Sorrento Master Cooking With Executive Chefs program which has been specially designed to combine cooking & learning Italian.
Enjoy Italian cuisine, language, art and culture, and all in the vibrant, sun-kissed town of Sorrento. Join our chef and his team in Sorrento for hands-on cooking while enjoying traditional foods that have captured food lovers’ hearts since The Grand Tour. Learn how to prepare foods in season under the guidance of our Executive Chefs using local quality ingredients from the region. Traditional favorites travel to new heights as our Chef puts a spin on the classics with light touches that bring out the flavor. You’ll be delighted to taste parmigiana di melanzana, baked eggplant and cheese, pasta con frutti di mare, handmade pasta with seafood, gnocchi, potato dumplings with sauce, and desserts: delizia al limone, tiramisù or torta caprese.
When you are not cooking, tour the Amalfi Coast, Positano and Ravello, stroll through Piazza Tasso and enjoy a creamy gelato or do a little shopping. You can also opt to add on Italian language classes too!
Sorrento Cooking Classes
Classes take place in a professional kitchen, are taught in English, and include local, seasonal products in hands-on cooking classes preparing delicately prepared foods Mediterranean style. Under your Executive Chef’s guidance you will learn how to prepare a 4-course menu with antipasto, pasta or risotto, secondo and dessert. Everyone enjoys the foods made in class following together at the table with a toast of local red or white wine. So step into the kitchen, tie on your aprons and learn his special recipes!
Sorrento Market Visit & Food Lover’s Tour With Tastings
Join Angela for a half-day tour of Sorrento through the colorful little streets of the city. Luisa, native Sorrento resident and eloquent history expert, will take you on our Sorrento Food Lover’s Tour, past royal gardens, meandering pathways, Italian villas, artisan food shops and churches that date back in time. If you love food and wine, this tour offers insight and history, with tastings too, into the local food culture. The walking tour starts out with introduction to the historical city of Sorrento visiting the pastry bakers, bread maker, limoncello producer, fruit seller, fishmonger, butcher, and cheese and wine, so you will see how Italians shop.
Sorrento Italian Language School
Suggestion, Add On Italian Classes
While cooking and touring through sunny Sorrento, we suggest to immerse yourself in our Italian classes too. Learn to speak Italian and add on a couple of Italian lessons during your stay. You can choose from Italian c0nversation, or verbs and grammar or both in our professional school. Highly trained and certified native Italian instructors will lead you through both in conversation and written assignments. Before you know it, you will be speaking Italian like a local.
The Sorrento Peninsula is part of a land that has been enchanting travelers, explorers, emperors, artists and poets for centuries. The Amalfi Coast, or la Costiera Amalfitana, is a beautiful 50-kilometer stretch of mountainous coastline situated on the Sorrento peninsula between Sorrento and Salerno, just south of Naples, in the region of Campania. It has been a world-class destination for centuries with its dazzling white cliffs and stunning coastline. Sorrento, the city of song, limoncello and Tarantella, is a bustling town with Piazza Tasso, named after the famous Sorrentino writer, ancient churches, Mediterranean gardens, trattorias, and even a museum.
Sorrento is a walking city, so you will be able to discover all of its splendor on foot. Its restaurant scene booms with world-class Michelin Stars to small family-owned trattorie serving up authentic cuisine.
Sorrento’s perfect geographic location makes a convenient location for day trips to Capri, Positano, Ravello and the Amalfi Coast. The beautiful Island of Ischia is also just a boat ride away.
Walk out your door and into the colorful streets of this ancient seaside town and shop for limoncello and chocolate, or leather goods and shoes – all Made In Italy.
Check into your sea front property located in the heart of Sorrento and settle back into your comfortable bedroom with balcony overlooking the Bay Of Naples, Vesuvius and old Port Sorrento. All rooms have private baths, TV and air conditioning. A breakfast buffet is served each morning and Internet is available. There is a beautiful swimming pool, solarium and garden. The property is centrally located and in just a quick walk or taxi you’ll be at Marina Grande.
Itinerary ~ 5 Nights & 6 Days
Day One: Welcome, Arrival & Check In
- Upon your arrival, you are welcomed with a Prosecco. Check in, relax and unwind. Take a moment to read over your information welcome bag including your itinerary for the week.
- Welcome dinner. A special Chef’s Tasting Menu is included consisting of an antipasto, pasta, main course and dessert. Dinner included. Wine and beverages are available at a surcharge.
Day Two: Cooking Class 1 & Sorrento Food Lover’s Tour
- Breakfast is served.
- Cooking Class 1: Meet your chef for a caffé or cappuccino while he talks a little about local foods and explains your menu, and enjoy an olive oil tasting with fresh foccacia. Then, tie on your apron and head into the kitchen with our team of Executive Chefs for your first cooking class. Learn about the local ingredients, prep, sauté, boil, knead and bake as you roll up your sleeves for your four course cooking class. After the class, everyone enjoys the foods made in the kitchen paired with a toast of local wine and beverages included.
- Afternoon – Sorrento Food Lover’s Tour with English speaking guide, Luisa. Tastings included.
- Dinner on your own. Suggestions provided.
Day Three: Excursion to Pompeii
- Breakfast is served.
- Morning free. Suggestion – head to the beach and take a dip in Sorrento’s deep blue waters or grab a seat at one of the cafés in the center of town for some great people watching.
- Free for lunch.
- Afternoon – Excursion to Pompeii with private driver. Visit the ancient archeological ruins of Pompeii, a city that was covered by the eruptions of Vesuvio in 79AD. Visit ancient theatres, restaurants and taverns, villas with mosaics and frescoes that were once the homes of the wealthy.
- Our professional guide is available for the Pompeii tour. Please reserve in advance. (The guide’s fee is not included in the excursion. Entrance tickets not included).
- Return in the afternoon. Relax by the pool or visit Piazza Tasso and the Tasso Café for a snack, aperitivo and soak in the Italian atmosphere..
- Free evening. Suggestion-the Tarantella Theatre Show, for an evening of music and dance featuring traditional Neapolitan music with a talented cast of singers.
Day Four: Wine Tasting & Cooking Class 2
- Breakfast is served.
- Start the morning off right with a wine tasting lead by our professional sommelier. Breads and cheese included.
- Cooking Class 2: for a morning of chopping, mixing, kneading, and sautéing for your second hands-on cooking class for your four course lunch to follow.
- After the class, everyone enjoys the foods made in class. Toast with a local glass of red or white wine.
- Afternoon free.
- In the evening, stroll the old town of Sorrento, we can help you select a trattoria for dinner. See our Sorrento Restaurant Hot Pick List.
Day Five: Amalfi Coast Excursion
- Breakfast is served.
- Full day excursion to the Amalfi Coast to Positano & Ravello with driver. Visit the glorious Amalfi Coast, pass by lemon groves and pastel colored towns of Positano and Ravello.
- Dinner on your own. See suggestions in our Sorrento Restaurant Hot Picks List.
Day Six: Departure
- Breakfast is served.
- Departure transfer to Naples Airport or Train Station. Arrivederci!
Note: This sample itinerary schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saints days; festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the week.
- 6 days, 5 nights accommodations in a suite with a private bathroom, based on double occupancy, in 3 Star property. Click to View!
- Daily breakfast.
- Welcome Dinner – enjoy a Chef’s tasting dinner on your first night (wine not included).
- Welcome bag with recipe folder and Chef’s apron.
- Two hands-on cooking classes followed by lunch including the foods that were prepared in class. A toast of red or white wine is included.
- Olive oil tasting with your chef.
- Sorrento Food Lover’s Tour with our English speaking guide, tastings included.
- Wine tasting session with our expert sommelier, accompanied by light bites.
- Pompeii excursion with driver. (Private tour guide available on request)
- Full day excursion along the Amalfi Coast to Positano, Amalfi & Ravello with driver.
- Round trip group transfers from Naples Airport or Naples Train station to Sorrento.
- Suggestion, add on Italian classes, there are 3 in the week with cost starting at 185E per person, based on double occupancy. **295E per person, based on single occupancy.
$3,195 per person, based on double occupancy.
If you are a single traveler and would like to join a small group, please call us for best single pricing.
*An Italian visitor tax may apply in some cities and must be paid directly on site at check out.