Join our Italian mamma and her family in Sorrento for a week of hands-on cooking, learning and enjoying Neapolitan foods that has captured food lover’s hearts since The Grand Tour.
Set in a country garden in Sorrento, your host will lead you through hands-on classes using classic Neapolitan recipes in her kitchen. Favorites include, Panzarotti, Gnocchi, Ravioli, Pesce All’Acqua Pazza-crazy fish, and always with a sweet ending like Babà Rum, Tiramisu and Limoncello. Our mamma is passionate about cooking as she shares her recipe book and know how for authentic cooking in Sorrento. Learn to make local Mozzarella the artisan way with fresh milk and the gifted hands of the artisan cheese maker. Blend, twist, braid and shape the delicious cheese into tasty bites. Basil, first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil with a dash of sea salt turns your fresh hand-made Mozzarella turns into a delicious Caprese! Buon Appetito!
Sorrento Cooking Classes
You will learn how to prepare an antipasto, pasta or Risotto, main courses including daily caught fish, veal, chicken or vegetarian in each cooking class. Learn in hands-on classes the technique of cooking Italian! Everyone enjoys the foods made in class following, toast with local red or white wine. Dessert and caffè included. Our mamma grew up in the kitchen cooking for her family, so cooking is a natural for her! Step into her country kitchen, tie on your aprons and learn her family recipes!
Classes are always in English, and include local, season produce. Everyone enjoys the food prepared in the cooking class with a toast of local red or white wine.
Sorrento Regional Italian Cooking Classes
Join our Italian mamma and her family for five days of fun with three hands-on cooking lessons her in home kitchen. Mamma’s classes are intimate, limited to small groups, allowing each participant maximum attention. Everyone joins in and enjoys the foods prepared in the kitchen while toasting with a good glass of local white or red wine.
Sorrento Outdoor Market Shopping With The Chef!
Enjoy an early morning market tour through the colorful marketplace near Sorrento as you shop for fresh ingredients for the cooking class. From the bread maker, fruit seller, fish monger to butcher,-you will experience how Italians shop. Return to the kitchen and use the ingredients purchased at the market for your hands-on cooking class.
Each class menu varies from day to day depending on the fruits, vegetables, fish or meat available at the market. In each class, you will learn how to make antipasti, pasta, a fish, meat or vegetarian, main course and dessert. Each cooking class is followed by the food that was prepared in the cooking class with wine included. Buon Appetito!
The Sorrento Peninsula is part of a land that has been enchanting travellers, explorers, emperors, artists and poets for centuries. The Amalfi Coast, or la Costiera Amalfitana, is a beautiful 50-kilometer stretch of mountainous coastline situated on the Sorrento peninsula between Sorrento and Salerno, just south of Naples, in the region of Campania. It has been a world-class destination for centuries with its dazzling white cliffs and stunning coastline. Sorrento, the city of song, Limoncello and Tarantella, is a city with beautiful gardens, piazzas, lemon trees grapevines and olive trees.
Sorrento is a walking city, so by foot, you will be able to discover its lively main square-Piazza Tasso, the tiny old-world cobblestone streets, its majestic churches, museums and tempting ice cream shops. Sorrento’s restaurant scene booms, with world-class Michelin Stars to small family-owned trattorie serving up the best food you will ever taste.
Sorrento’s perfect geographic location make it a great for location for day trips to Capri, Positano, Ravello and the Amalfi Coast. The beautiful Island of Ischia is also just a boat ride away from its marina. Sorrento, an area blessed by the warm year-round sun, is the land known for red cherry tomatoes, Mozzarella, Pizza, and delicious Italian pastry.
Walk out your door and into the colorful streets of this ancient seaside town. Shops of Limoncello and artisans making chocolates, along with leather crafters, wine shops, cheese markets, and bakeries line the narrow cobblestone streets. Stop for a creamy gelato, or a steamy cappuccino, at the Fauno Bar in Piazza Tasso, where people from around sip Cappuccino and watch the world go by. By night, the main street, Corso Italia, is pedestrian only and people of all ages stroll while eating gelato until the late hours. Take time to visit their giant pastry display and get acquainted with the many dolce this quaint café makes. Award winning pastries of almond biscotti, Caprese, and baba are a some of the local treats.
Chose from the Chef’s Countryside Villa or 4 Star Luxury Villa
Chef’s Countryside Villa
Set in the countryside of Sorrento, the accommodation offers spacious bedrooms and terraces overlooking the sea, all recently renovated and attractively furnished. Brimming gardens where our Chef grows all of her own fruits and vegetables surround the property. Experience beautiful lemon trees and gardens where tomatoes, squash, eggplant, cucumbers, lettuce and herbs grow, along with beautiful Mediterranean flowers. Common areas are comfortable and welcoming where you can sit back, relax and watch the sun set. All rooms have private baths, safe, air conditioning and are covered by wi-fi. Breakfast is served each morning either in the dining room or outside on the terrace. There is a beautiful jacuzzi pool, solarium and gardens offering gorgeous views over the surrounding countryside, down to the sea and across the bay of Naples to Vesuvius. Breakfast is served daily, including Mamma’s Italian cakes, breads, along with fresh fruit from the garden, coffee, tea, juices and jams. Daily breakfast and maid service are included.
4 Star Luxury Villa
Set in the countryside of Sorrento, the luxury 4 star villa offers beautifully decorated Mediterranean decor with sweeping views of the sea. White, cool green, sea blue and yellow blend in ceramic decorations and Vietri tiled floors. Comfortable and modern bedding with Italian linens for your comfort. Full service private baths in each suite along with air conditioning and wi-fi. The property is surrounded by Mediterranean gardens and Bougainville flowers with a view of Capri and the Bay of Naples. In the summer, there is a swimming pool and spa – spa services are extra. Daily breakfast including a full fare with coffee, tea and cappuccino and maid service are included.
Itinerary ~ 5 Days, 4 Nights
Day One: Welcome
Arrival – Check In
• Upon your arrival, you are welcomed with an aperitivo. Relax and unwind. Take a moment to read over your information pack and your itinerary for the week.• After the introduction, step out on the property terrace and enjoy the breathtaking views to the Coast just a few steps away and take in the panoramic view of the Bay of Sorrento and Mount Vesuvius.
• In the evening, dine on a Chef’s Tasting Menu. Dinner included, local wine and water included.
Day Two: Marketplace Visit & Cooking Class 1
• Breakfast is served.
• Cooking Class 1: Early morning visit to the marketplace as you shop with the Chef for ingredients for the cooking class.
• Tie on your apron and head into the kitchen with your Italian mamma for a cooking class learning a variety of traditional Neapolitan dishes. After the class, everyone enjoys the foods made in the kitchen, local wine and beverages included.
• Take the afternoon to relax by the pool or visit the city of Sorrento. Stop off at Piazza Tasso at the Tasso Café for a drink. You can also visit Marina Piccola, just a few steps away, where you can take one of the many boats to Capri, Positano, Ischia, Amalfi or Naples. Each location is a perfect day trip for sightseeing, shopping or visiting the many churches.
• Dinner on your own. Suggestions provided upon request.
Day Three: Cheese Making Visit~Cooking Class 2
• Breakfast is served.
• Cooking Class 2: Visit an artisan cheese maker and learn how to make a variety of local cheeses including, Mozzarella, Ricotta and more.
• Return to the kitchen for a morning of chopping, mixing, kneading, and sautéing for your second hands-on cooking class with your host. Learn a variety of traditional Neapolitan dishes, based on the season.
• After the class, everyone enjoys the food that were made in class. Toast with a local glass of red or white wine.
• Limoncello Making ~ The area of Sorrento is the most famous producer of Limoncello and taste flavors including Limoncello, crema di Limoncello, mandarin orange and a variety of liquors made with the fruits and nuts of the season.
• Return in the late afternoon.
• Free evening. Suggestion-dine at one of the nearby restaurants. Or head back to Sorrento to enjoy a Tarantella Show, for an evening of music and dance featuring traditional Neapolitan music with a talented cast of singers.
Day Four: Cooking Class 3 & Amalfi Coast
• Breakfast is served.
• Cooking Class 3: Mamma leads your third hands-on cooking classes featuring a variety of traditional Neapolitan dishes.
• After the class, everyone eats the fruits of their labor together from what was prepared in class, local wine and beverages included. Classes are approximately three hours long.
• Amalfi Coast Tour Your private driver whisks you along the winding Amalfi Coast. Visit the pastel colored town of Positano; onto Amalfi, the historical town known for eggplant and chocolate gelato; and then off to the high roads of Ravello, land of romance and music.
Day Five: Departure
• Breakfast is served.
• Departure transfer to Naples Airport or Train Station. Arrivederci!
Note: This sample itinerary schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saints days; festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the week.
- 5 days and 4 nights in villa accommodations with private bathroom.
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- Chef’s Tasting Dinner featuring local cuisine with a toast of local wine included.
- Three hands-on cooking classes followed by dinner including the food that was prepared in class with wine included.
- Shop With The Chef’ in Sorrento learning and purchasing local products.
- Mozzarella Cheese Making. Tastings follow.
- Round trip transfers from property for an afternoon in Sorrento.
- Amalfi Coast excursion with driver stopping in Amalfi and Ravello.
- Limoncello Making class with tastings to follow. Delicious snacks included.
- Round trip group transfers from Naples Airport or Naples Train station to Sorrento.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco and recipes.
$2,495 per person, based on 2 guests in the Chef’s Countryside Villa.
$2,695 per person, based on 2 guests in the Luxury 4 Star Villa.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.