Join our Italian Mamma and her family in Sorrento for a week of hands-on cooking, learning, and enjoying Neapolitan foods that have captured food lover’s hearts since The Grand Tour.
Set in the heart of beautiful Sorrento, your host will lead you through hands-on classes using classic Neapolitan recipes in her kitchen. Favorites include Bruscetta con mozzarella, panzarotti, gnocchi, ravioli, pesce all’acqua pazza– fish in crazy water, and always with a sweet dessert such as, tiramisu, torta Capres and Limoncello. Our Mamma and her family are passionate about cooking as she shares her recipes and technique making authentic cuisine of Sorrento. Visit the family farm in the hills of Sorrento and learn to make mozzarella with fresh milk and the gifted hands of the artisan cheese maker. Experience the blending and braiding into delicious artisan cheese with tastings to follow. Then enjoy a garnish of basil, first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil turning the chess into a delicious Caprese! Buon Appetito!
Sorrento Cooking Classes
You will learn how to prepare antipasti, pasta, Risotto, main courses including daily caught fish, veal, chicken or vegetarian in each cooking class, and Neapolitan desserts. Learn to cook Italian hands-on classes the technique of cooking Italian! Everyone enjoys the foods made in class following, toast with local red or white wine. Dessert and caffè included. Our mamma grew up in the kitchen cooking for her family, so cooking is a natural for her! Step into her country kitchen, tie on your aprons, and learn her family recipes!
Cooking classes are held in English and include local, seasonal produce. Everyone enjoys the food prepared in the cooking class following with a toast of local glass of red or white wine or soft drinks for the children.
Sorrento Regional Italian Cooking Classes
Join our Italian Mamma and her family hands-on cooking classes limited to small groups allowing each participant maximum attention. Neapolitan cooking is always fresh, in season and delicious.
Sorrento Outdoor Market Shopping With The Chef!
Enjoy an early morning market tour through the colorful marketplace in Sorrento. Visit the bread maker, fruit vender, fish monger and butcher for a true experience to see how Italians shop. Following the market tour, return to the kitchen, tie on your aprons and begin your hands-on cooking class. Each class menu varies from day to day depending on the seasonal fruits, vegetables, fish or meat available at the market.
The Sorrento Peninsula is part of a land that has been enchanting travelers, explorers, emperors, artists and poets for centuries. The Amalfi Coast, or la Costiera Amalfitana, is a beautiful 50-kilometer stretch of mountainous coastline situated on the Sorrento peninsula between Sorrento and Salerno, just south of Naples, in the region of Campania. It has been a world-class destination for centuries with its dazzling white cliffs and stunning coastline. Sorrento, the city of song, limoncello and tarantella, is a city with beautiful gardens, piazzas, lemon trees grapevines and olive trees.
Sorrento is a walking city filled with charming pedestrian walkways lined with gelato shops, wine bars, trattorias and shops. Discover lively Piazza Tasso, its ancient churches, museums and its beach.
Sorrento’s perfect geographic location make it a great for location for day trips to Capri, Positano, Ravello and the Amalfi Coast. The beautiful Island of Ischia is also just a boat ride away from the Sorrento Port. Sorrento is known for red cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, Pizza, culture, art and fun.
Walk out your door and into the colorful streets of this ancient seaside town. Shops of limoncello and artisans making chocolates, along with leather crafters, wine shops, cheese markets, and bakeries line the narrow cobblestone streets. Stop for a creamy gelato, or a steamy cappuccino, at the Fauno Bar in Piazza Tasso, where people from around sip Cappuccino and watch the world go by. By night, the main street, Corso Italia, is pedestrian only and people of all ages stroll while eating gelato until the late hours. Take time to visit their giant pastry display and get acquainted with the many desserts. Award winning pastries including almond biscotti, Caprese, and baba are a sample of the Neapolitan desserts.
Chose from the Mediterranean B&B – Steps from Piazza Tasso or the 4 Star Luxury Villa
Mediterranean B&B – Steps from Piazza Tasso
Set in the heart of historic of Sorrento, the beautiful accommodation offers spacious bedrooms decorated in Mediterranean-style – with colors of the sea – blue and white and green. The property is steps to Piazza Tasso making it very convenient and close to restaurants, shops and shopping. Brimming gardens surround the property with an outdoor terrace and sitting area including tables and chairs and a traditional garden bench. Common areas are comfortable and welcoming where you can sit back, relax and enjoy a cappuccino or afternoon aperitivo glass of wine. All rooms have new confortable beds and bedding with Italian linens. Each room has beautiful blue and white Mediterranean tiles and decor with traditional ceramics decorating each space. Breakfast is served daily, including homemade Italian cakes, breads, and biscotti made by the host, along with fresh fruit from the garden, coffee, tea, juices and jams. Daily breakfast and maid service are included. There is air conditioning and wi-fi also included. Walk just a few steps to the Piazza and soak in the sea views of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.
5 Star Luxury Sorrento
Set in the heart of Sorrento, the luxury 4 star villa offers beautifully decorated Mediterranean decor with sweeping views of the sea. White, cool green, sea blue and yellow blend in ceramic decorations and Vietri tiled floors. Comfortable and modern bedding with Italian linens for your comfort. Full service private baths in each suite along with air conditioning and wi-fi. The property is surrounded by Mediterranean gardens and Bougainville flowers with a view of the Bay of Naples. In the summer, there is a swimming pool and spa – spa services are extra. Daily breakfast including a full fare with coffee, tea and cappuccino and maid service are included.
Itinerary ~ 6 Days, 5 Nights
Day One: Arrival and Check In Welcome
• Upon your arrival, you are welcomed with an aperitivo and your Cooking Vacations’ Welcome bag. Relax and unwind.
• In the evening, dine on a Welcome Dinner featuring a Chef’s Tasting Menu. Wine and drinks are not included.
Day Two: Shopping with the Chef Tour & Cooking Class 1
• Breakfast is served. Following breakfast, meet our Chef for a Shop with the Chef Tour to to the market. Discover local products, seasonal produce, fruits and vegetables and learn interesting pointers on how to buy the perfect eggplant, what to look for in fresh fish and different cuts of meats. • Following the tour, tie on your apron and head into the kitchen for your hands-on cooking class 1 learning to prepare a full course traditional menu. After the class, everyone enjoys the foods made in the kitchen with a toast of local wine included.
• Take the afternoon to visit the city of Sorrento. Stop off at Piazza Tasso at the Tasso Café for a drink. You can also visit Marina Piccola, just a few steps away, where you can take one of the many boats to Capri, Positano, Ischia, Amalfi or Naples. Each location is a perfect day trip for sightseeing, shopping or visiting the many churches.
• Dinner on your own. Suggestions provided upon request.
Day Three: Cheese and Limoncello Making & Cooking Class 2
• Breakfast is served.
• Meet your driver for a visit to the countryside of Sorrento and visit an artisan cheese maker and learn how to make a variety of local cheeses including Mozzarella and ricotta. You will also make limoncello. A country tasting of the farm’s products are include. • Following your excursion, return to the kitchen for Cooking Class 2. Tie on your aprons and prepare a full course traditional menu. After the class, everyone enjoys the foods made in the kitchen with a toast of local wine included.
• Free evening. Suggestion-dine at one of the nearby restaurants.
Day Four: Cooking Class 3 & Amalfi Coast, Amalfi & Ravello
• Breakfast is served.
• Tie on your aprons for cooking class 3 preparing a full course traditional menu. After the class, everyone enjoys the food that was prepared in the cooking class with a toast of wine included.
• Meet your driver for a full day excursion along the Amalfi Coast. Visit Amalf, a historical town known for eggplant and chocolate gelato. Following Amalfi, continue to Ravello, land of romance and music. Walk cobblestone paths, visit the gardens and soak up the culture in the piazza while sipping a wine.
Day Five: Sail To Capri
• Breakfast is served.
• Following breakfast, set sail for Capri for a full-day excursion to discover this famous island’s landmarks – the Blue Grotto, Monte Solare, Anncapri. Experience its Mediterranean cuisine, shopping and charm. Spend the day soaking up the magic of the isola azzurra – blue island – while enjoying a beautiful 30-minute boat ride along the way. Bring your bathing suits for stops along the way – towels, panini, Italian sandwiches, and drinks included onboard.
Capri is Italy’s most popular and well-known seaside island and is just twenty minutes away. Once in the port of Capri, you can choose to take the funicular up to the famous Piazza Umberto. The square, better known as la piazzetta, is perched high above the sea and offers a panoramic view of the Bay of Naples and Ischia. At the main piazza, you will find many designer shops and luxury boutiques, or you can simply sit at a caffé and enjoy a gelato or Prosecco Mimosa.
You can choose to see the Blue Grotto, the “Eighth Wonder of the World,” or stroll along the port, take a swim in any one of its famous beach bar restaurants. The Blue Grotto has a special cavern entrance where the sunlight reflects on the water in the cave, turning it a dramatic Mediterranean cerulean shade of blue.
Visit Anacapri – the Old World village that once captured the hearts of writers, artists and poets is dainty, delicate and quiet. Anacapri, the highest point on the island, virtually carries you back in time. Walk through narrow streets lined with Grecian-style whitewashed villas, ancient churches, and small bookshops. From Anacapri, take the chair lift up to Monte Solaro; pass the castle of Barbarosso, fields of Capri flowers and marvel at a clear blue sky that seems to turn 360 degrees above you.
This full-day excursion departs from Sorrento in the morning and returns to Sorrento in the late afternoon.
Day Six: Ciao and Arrivederci!!!
• Breakfast is served.
• Departure transfer to Naples Airport or Train Station. Arrivederci!
Note: This sample itinerary schedule may vary due to inclement weather, saints days and festivals. All activities, in the event of rescheduling, are always included during the week. In winter months, Capri will be substituted with a Chef’s Tasting lunch or dinner.
6 Days – 5 Nights
- 6 days and 5 nights in our Mediterranean B&B or 5-Star Luxury Sorrento Resort with a swimming pool and gym.
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- Chef’s Tasting Dinner featuring local cuisine with a toast of local wine included.
- Three hands-on cooking classes followed by dinner including the food that was prepared in class with wine included.
- Shop With the Chef’ in Sorrento learning and purchasing local products.
- Mozzarella Cheese Making. Tastings follow.
- Excursion to the Amalfi Coast including a visit to Amalfi and Ravello with driver.
- Excursion to an artisan mozzarella and limoncello maker in the hills of Sorrento with driver. Experience the art of mozzarella and limoncello making with a light lunch tasting of the products to follow with driver.
- Excursion to Capri on a small group tour, sail around the island including a four hour stop on the island.
- Round trip group transfers from Naples Airport or Naples Train station to Sorrento.
- Cooking Vacations Welcome Bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco and recipes.
- A copy of Lauren’s book, It’s A Dream Place – Stories & Recipes of Food, Love and the Amalfi Coast.
$3,495 per person, based on 2 guests in a classic room in the heart of Sorrento at the Mediterranean B&B.
$5,195 per person, based on 2 guests in a classic room overlooking Sorrento Luxury 4 Star Villa.
ARRIVAL-Arrival transfers from Naples Airport to the property are 1:00pm and from Naples Train Station at 3:00pm. Group transfers leave promptly at the scheduled time. If you cannot make the scheduled group transfer time, a special transfer can be reserved for you, please call for pricing.
DEPARTURE-Departure from the property to Naples Airport or Train Station are at 4am and 10am (in heavy traffic conditions, departures may start 30 minutes prior – you will notified). 10am is the official property check out time on the morning of your departure. If you would like a private transfer, please call for pricing. Departures between 2am to 7am have an 85E supplement.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group.