Tie on your aprons with Signora Reno, food lover, truffle hunter and wine enthusiast in the heart of Le Marche on our truffle hunting and cooking classes cooking tour. Signora Reno welcomes guests and leads them in truffle hunting and truffle cooking classes in Le Marcheìs green forests and farmlands.
The Region of Le Marche is one of Italy’s most natural regions keeping its beauty, rich cultural and food culture. This one-of-a-kind truffle hunting and truffle cooking class experience takes you into the forest and then the kitchen where you’ll learn about truffles and how to use the tubers in cooking.
Le Marche is one of Italy’s principal truffle regions, and here you’ll find endless tuber magnatum pico – the prized white truffle, and tuber melanosporum – the delicious black truffle, that are abundant and delicious. Signor Reno Moreno and his prized truffle dog are on a search for the best truffles in this region – and they always find the tubers!!!
Following the truffle hunting experience, head to the kitchen where you will prepare a full course mene including handmade pasta served with truffle and main course. You will enjoy a wine tasting too where our wine expert will explain the local wine. Our truffle hunting and cooking class is the perfect for the food lover at heart who appreciates the precious truffles.
Le March Cooking Classes
Join us in the kitchen for hands-on truffle cooking classes preparing antipasto, fresh pasta and sauces, main courses and desserts. Transform farm-to-table ingredients with Chef Mimi learning how to incorporate delicious black and white truffles – think truffle infused frittata, creamy risotto and gently shaved on fresh pasta. A true Umbrian speciality is vincisgrassi – a layered pasta with cheese and meat sauce. Umbrian stuffed olives, called Olive all’ascolana, are a delicious delicacy made here in the kitchen. Learn how to mix, roll and cut tagliatelle; prepare herbed roasted lamb and rabbit and pork served with braised fennel, bomboletti al sugo. Learn about local Le March wine – while you sip and swirl Verdicchio, white and Ciliegiolo, Pinot Nero and Lacrima di Morro. You’ll enjoy an Umbrian dessert called i cavalluci, a folded over dough stuffed with chocolate, candied orange and other spices – to name a few.
The Le Marche region is a culturally rich area, divided into four provinces by four river valleys, in a remote part of Italy – undiscovered by the crowds – ensuring that the land and villages remain quiet and untouched. Its strategic location makes it a perfect spot for reaching all the most important destinations of central Italy including Florence, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Urbino, Gubbio, and Ravenna.
The Le Marche region lies on the eastern side of central Italy, between the Adriatic Sea and the majestic Apennine Mountains offering something for everyone – culture, art, wine making, history, music and landmarks. Admire the masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture, hike across uncharted mountains, or hunt for the best catch of the day in its Mediterranean fishing port. It is still possible to experience a taste of Old-World cuisine and culture in Le Marche, an area still unsullied by mass tourism, and very intriguing to foreigners. The Marchigiani, the people of the Le Marche region, are hard working, warm and friendly. Known for producing quality merchandise in textiles and leathers, they have also developed special niches in artisan industries such as high quality handmade paper at Fabriano and musical instruments at Castelfidardo. Olive trees, fresh vegetables and vineyards are plentiful throughout the region also. Many seaside resorts pepper the long stretch of Adriatic coast, making it a relaxing destination for summer vacationers.
If you love new food experiences, our hunting and cooking class truffle adventure is for you!
Surrounded by mountains and natural parks, the town of Ascoli Piceno has been inhabited since pre-Roman times. Legend has it that a woodpecker led prehistoric settlers to the site, thus bringing about the town’s foundation. Ascoli Piceno’s historic center is rich in churches, palazzi and other important monuments: in particular, the town’s central Renaissance square, Piazza del Popolo, is considered one of the most beautiful in Italy. This piazza, which acted as the forum in Roman times, is dominated by the Palazzo dei Capitani del Popolo, which was burned to the ground during a local feud in 1535 and completely rebuilt ten years later. You can also visit Le Marche’s second largest art gallery inside the 17th-century Palazzo Comunale situated in Piazza Arringo, or Ascoli’s cathedral in the same square.
Le Marche ~ Accommodations
Your charming 4-star accommodation is set in the historic centre of Ascoli Piceno within walking distance of most of the town’s important sites and monuments. This beautiful historic palazzo was once part of a nobleman’s residence and has been carefully renovated to offer the best of modern comforts while respecting the original character of the property and preserving important period details. Rooms are decorated in warm colors, and harmoniously combine natural materials with designer furnishings and valuable antique pieces. The result is bright, comfortable rooms that nevertheless reflect the traditions of centuries past – comfortable beds, fine linens and bedding. Daily breakfast and maid service are included and rooms are equipped with air conditioning, mini bar, LCD TV, direct dial telephone, WI-FI, and hair-dryer.
Itinerary: 4 Days, 3 Nights
Day One: Arrival & Welcome Dinner
- Transfer from Ascoli Piceno train station to charming 4-star property.
- Arrival & Check-in.
- Relax and unwind in the grounds with a welcome aperitivo and your Cooking Vacations welcome bag.
- Chef’s Welcome Tasting dinner featuring a full course menu of local fare paired with local wine included.
Day Two: Visit Offida: La Strada dell’Artigiano
- Breakfast is served.
- Following breakfast, meet your English-speaking guided for an excursion to the village of Offida.
- Artisan cheese tasting with wine included.
- Enjoy lunch in local trattoria featuring Le Marche fare with wine tastings included.
- Return to the property in the afternoon.
- Tie on your apron for Cooking Class 1. Dinner follows and includes the food prepared in the cooking class paired with local wine included.
Day Three: Truffle Hunting & Cooking Class 2
- Breakfast is served
- Following breakfast, enjoy a walk through nearby wood to participate in a truffle hunt with your English-speaking host. Follow the truffle hunter’s dog follow their noses to dig up the truffles.
- After your truffle hunt, head to the kitchen for your hands-on Cooking Class 2 where you’ll transform your freshly found truffles into truly delicious local specialties along with farm-to-table ingredients. Learn how to make handmade pasta Le March -style and enjoy with precious shavings of truffle, then prepare a hearty full course menu. Lunch follows and includes the food prepared in the cooking class paired with local wine included.
- Following the cooking class raise your glasses for wine tasting featuring wine from local winery, Fiorano.
- Return to the property after lunch.
- Dinner on your own. Suggestions provided.
Day Four: Check-out & Arrivederci!
- Breakfast is served.
- Check-out and transfer to Ascoli Piceno train station.
- 4 days, 3 nights accommodations, based on two guests in a 4 star boutique property. Click to View!
- Daily Breakfast and maid service.
- Welcome aperitivo and Chef’s tasting dinner with local wine included.
- Truffle Hunt with local expert and trained dog.
- 2 hands-on cooking class, featuring local truffles. Lunch or dinner follows and includes the food prepared in the cooking class paired with local wine included.
- Guided excursion to village of Offida.
- Artisan cheese and wine tastings in Offida.
- Lunch in trattoria in Offida, local wine included.
- Arrival & departure transfers from Ascoli Piceno train station.
- Cooking Vacations welcome bag with chef’s apron, Prosecco and recipe booklet.
$1,995 per person, based on 2 guests.
For Single Guests: If you are traveling on your own, please call us for the best group price. We are happy to welcome you into an already scheduled group