Join Signora Stefania in our The Tuscan Cookout program in Montepulciano in her 18th century Villa. Once home to a noble family of Siena, the villa is nestled between tall cypress trees, green gardens and an endless view overlooking the gentle hills of Val d’Orcia.
Delicious Tuscan food, wine and culture are featured in this tour that takes you through the countryside of Val d’Orcia, Pienza, Montalcino, San Gimignano, and the ancient village of Montepulciano. Discover hearty cuisine in our hands-on cooking classes, sip and swirl prized Tuscan and Brunello wine while visiting vineyards and landmarks in beautiful Montepulciano.
The Tuscan Cookout program immerses you into the local lifestyle while you soak up the traditions of great Tuscan cuisine. The entire villa and gardens have been fully restored with every modern comfort while keeping its Old World charm.
Signora Stefania welcomes each guest to her home and kitchen where she shares a little bit of history, cooking technique and conversation in this one-of-a-kind authentic tour. Cook, tour and make new friends in dreamy Tuscany with Signora Stefania. Her soft words for each guest are, “this villa is but a home that we wish to share with guests, where life is simple, the silence magical, and the daily pattern of one’s days follows the rhythms of nature.” Step into magical Tuscany and let your cooking tour begin!
Set on a crest above gentle rolling Tuscan hills, the Villa property is a property of splendour. Signora Stefania and her family renovated the 18th century property taking much care to keep every element of its Old World charm. Spacious gardens spanning 15 acres, cypress trees peppering the property and green gardens filled with antique vases and marble fountains make the Villa a magical place. An elegant breakfast room offers fresh cakes, biscotti, tarts and flans each morning. Pecorino cheeses, Tuscan cured meats, eggs, farm bread, caffe, tea and fruit juices are also served.
The Villa’s rooms, ensuite with complete private baths, are bright, oversized and spilling with natural sunlight. Rich tapestries, drapes, bed comforters – each made by hand for each room – will have you slipping back and relaxing. Modern comforts including satellite TV, a safety strongbox, mini-bar, Internet and ensuite telephone, are included in each room suite.
Guests are invited to stroll the gardens and swim in the magnificent marble swimming pool decorated with Florentine statues and water fountains is open weather permitting.
Conveniently located in the heart of Montepulciano, the Villa is a short distance to Siena, Florence, Perugia and Assisi, as well as Pienza, Monticchiello, Montalcino and Cortona making it the perfect location. Guests who visit in autumn can try their hand at truffle hunting on the 15 acres of property.
Tuscany is known for many things, but most of all for its Chianti Classico, the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, the Brunello di Montalcino and the Vernaccia di San Gimignano. During your stay enjoy a wine tasting at the property with some of the finest that the wine cellar has to offer. Sip and swirl Barolo – Porta Rossa, Chianti Classico – Borgo Pretale, Pinot Grigio – Gaierhof, Prosecco – Banear, Amarone – Corte Vecchia Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi – Bonci and Vernaccia di San Gimignano – Signano to name a few.
Check in, relax and feel at home. The exclusivity of the Villa keeps all activities – including cooking classes and dinners for guests of the property only. Cooking classes are also kept to small groups with a minimum of four people to eight guests.
Tuscany has been the cradle of the arts and banking throughout time from the Etruscans to the Medici Family. Discover the landscapes and history of this region as you visit and tour the nearby town of Montepulciano, called “Jewel of the Renaissance.”
Pienza on the other hand, was a dream of Pope Pio II Piccolomini. Chiusi with open-air museum and the tombs and museums.
Montalcino, with its great Fortress and famous Brunello di Montalcino, is a must see. Discover the noble wine including Brunello di Montalcino. During your stay, we encourage you to visit the nearby towns of Arezzo, Cortona, Siena and San Gimignano.
Itinerary: 5 days, 4 nights
Sunday: Arrival & Dinner At The Villa
- Arrival Transfer from Chiusi train station
- Check-in, relax, aperitivo and introduction to the cooking program
- Tuscan BBQ dinner at The Villa.
Monday: Cortona & Cooking Class 1
- Breakfast is served
- Tour of Cortona with lunch and wine included
- Return to The Villa after lunch to relax
- In the afternoon, meet your hosts and head into the kitchen for Cooking Class 1, featuring a seasonal menu from appetizer to dessert
- Dinner follows and includes the foods that were prepared in the cooking class along with a toast of red or white wine
Tuesday: Montepulciano & Cooking Class 2
- Breakfast is served
- Transfer to Montepulciano for a visit at your leisure with lunch and wine tasting with your hosts
- In the afternoon, head into the kitchen for Cooking Class 2 featuring a full course Tuscan fare.
- Dinner follows on the foods prepared in class, wine included
- Dinner follows and includes the foods that were prepared in the cooking class along with a toast of red or white wine.
Wednesday: Tour Of Val d’Orcia & Lunch
- Breakfast is served
- Tour of Val d’Orcia with lunch in the Medieval village of Montalcino with the famous Brunello di Montalcino
- Full course Tuscan dinner with a toast of red or white wine included.
- Breakfast is served.
- Departure transfer to Chiusi train station.
*This schedule may vary due to weather, feast days, market days, openings and closings of vineyards, etc. If you happen to have a specific private activity in mind, please let us know so we can check your final itinerary.
- 5 days, 4 nights accommodations, based on double occupancy. Click To View!
- Daily breakfast and maid service.
- Welcome aperitivo and BBQ.
- 2 cooking classes followed by dinner with the recipes prepared in class; wine, water, cafe & dessert included.
- 1 outside dinner, wine included.
- Tour of Cortona with lunch in favorite local trattoria, wine included.
- Tour to Montepulciano with light lunch and wine tasting included.
- Tour of Valdorcia with lunch in the Medieval village of Montalcino with the famous Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino
- Round trip transfers to and from Chiusi train station.
- Transportation to and from Montepulciano for self-guided tour.
- Welcome Bag with Chef’s apron & recipe book.
$2,795 per person, based on double occupancy in a Deluxe Double room.
$50 Supplement-one time charge per week for an extra bed in the room if you are a double and want two beds or if you have a small child 10 years and under want to have them in the same room.
$200 supplement per person per program for Junior Suite.
$300 supplement per person per program for Superior Suite.
Single Occupancy Price
Please call us for single pricing so we will suggest an existing group with private room accommodation.
2020 Dates: This program is available throughout the year. Check-in is on Sunday, but other days may be available on request. Rates are subject to change based on currency exchange. Call for updated rates. Airfare not included. Group transfers for any cooking tour or tours that include transfers, are for the group and are not private. Transfers before, after or to another destination outside of your cooking tour are not included in the program price. If you would like to add on a private transfer or transfers, let us know and we will send you pricing.
*This program is designed for those travelers who do not want to drive, and includes all transfers and excursions listed.